cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

09 Cedar Creek bed room tv won’t work??

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have checked all cables that run under fireplace/ tv slide. All is good there.
Main tv works fine. There are two wall connections behind bedroom tv. Right one has a sticker that says satellite. I have scanned on each. Nothing.
The bedroom has no booster switch like the one in living room.
I have tried booster on or off.
What am I missing?
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
9 REPLIES 9

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is what my next move will be. I have a cable to reach from trailer to pedistal. But it isn’t long enough to reach from rear wall (main tv) to bedroom.
I’ll have to borrow one.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Try connecting it via a temporary overland connection to where your downstairs tv is connected. If it works then you likely have an issue with the wiring and will need to rewire it. As much as this sounds bad there's many options with the basement in a large fiver.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
It turns on. I do a scan and it finds no channels.
I don’t think it ever did work for me as we never were I terstedin watching it till lately.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does not work ?
Does it lite up ?
Unclear to me !

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
1. Does the bedroom tv work if you connect it to where the main tv is connected? If it doesn't the tv is the problem.
2. If it does remove the wall plate and connect directly to the 2nd tv connection on the back. If it still works the problem is in the wiring to the bedroom. If it doesn't the problem is in the circuit board.

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
All connections behind wall plates look good. Tried different cable between wall and tv. Still nothing.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Has it worked previously or something that never worked? I would pull the wall plates and check that connection on the back side is good. Do this both in the bedroom and at the one with the booster switch.

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes I did.

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
The booster switch is for your OTA external antenna. Only one switch is required per antenna. Did you check the INPUT/Source setting in the bedroom tv menu?
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40