cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1999 Rexhall Aerbus

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
We found another one and will be viewing it tomorrow I believe, just waiting for directions and a time. Has two slides, in the pictures it looks ok.

So what should we be asking about a RV this old, that will cost more money then the price which is 21,000.

We are thinking how old are the batteries, when was it last used, is it certified and e-tested or when was it last. How old are the tires, have the tanks ever been replaced. What is the roof made of has it been repaired. We will of course check for leaks, and all other problems on the inside and outside.

Thanks
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker
13 REPLIES 13

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
I believe she is talking about the propane tanks being replaced. Chassis mounted tanks in the US don't have a replacement requirement. You would have to check with Canada for their rules on chassis mounted tanks.

Yes I was thinking of the propane tank...I checked with a local RV dealer, service manager, and he said it needs a certification sticker. Some might fill it some might not, I would rather we were save and all was good so I will pay for the certification. If it all as to be replaced, tank so on, he said between 600 to 1100 with taxes. I thought it would be more. I would rather be save then sorry and I have a budget for this Motorhome purchase and all the surprise add ons, that still has money it...lol.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
We viewed the Rexhall today, and we like it. Large Motorhome, only thing that does not work is the ice maker on the fridge. No biggy to us. Started up wonderfully and purred like a kitten, all the manuals still and the maintenance records from even the original owner. We would be the third owners. A little fix here and there, nothing big, more just making it pretty...lol. So we are thinking of making an offer of 19000. He is asking 21000. He is replacing the windshield where they hit a bird or the bird hit them, small crack. We are going to ask that he e-test and safety. Let the negotiations begin.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I believe she is talking about the propane tanks being replaced. Chassis mounted tanks in the US don't have a replacement requirement. You would have to check with Canada for their rules on chassis mounted tanks.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Fredzo
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly, the RexHall plant is now owned by BYD (Build Your Dreams), a Chinese-owned electric city bus manufacturer. Bill Rex is their plant manager.
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
2005 Liberty Renegade Toad
Blue Ox Tow Bar, Brake Buddy
Retired on Jan 1, 2010!!!

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
On a gas MH it seems if one adds $5K to purchase price it will cover the stuff that needs to be addressed the first 2-3 years of ownership. A frig may be in your future and anything rubber but you will not know at first glance all concerns.

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Rexhall uses a one-piece fiberglass roof that is molded and vacuum laminated with a welded steel frame in the assembly.
Roof leaks would only occur at points wher vents and opening are such as the roof vents, refrigerator vent, sewer vents or air-conditioner.
The exception to that is if the fiberglass has been damaged and cracked or at the seal where the front and rear cap meet the roof.
( used to work for Rexhall).

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Burwoods wrote:
gbopp wrote:
What is your concern about the tanks being replaced?

Our 96 Southwind has the original tanks. They work and give us no problems.

Holding tanks are not something that should be replaced on a maintenance schedule.

We read somewhere where people had to replace rusted out tanks.

The holding tanks are plastic. They don't rust. The metal straps holding them in place can rust. It's not a major job to replace the support straps.

The metal gas tank can rust. But, again, our 96 Southwind gas tank is original. No rusting problems.

When you look at the Aerbus, crawl underneath and take a look. Or, have someone do it for you. It will probably have surface rust, but not scaling or crumbling rust.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I think the V-10 indicates that it is the new chassis as the old one had a V-8, but I am NOT sure of that. perhaps somebody will jump in here with the true facts. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
what chassis is it on? the old chevy P-30/32?(do a search) or the old pre 99 Ford with 16 inch rims? just because it is a 99 motorhome doesn't mean it is on a 99 new ford chassis.
I would figure on needing new tires in the near future on ANY thing you buy. unless of course the seller can show that he/she just put new ones on. check the date code. batteries won't kill you to replace. don't understand about the tank replacement. my 1999 chieftain that I traded in 1 1/2 years ago had a price listed of $39,900. I got about $20K for it.
bumpy

This is all the ad says
1999 Rexall Aerbus 36 feet 2 slide outs V 10 Ford power loaded double door fridge freezer washer dryer great shspe
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

Holding tanks are not something that should be replaced on a maintenance schedule.

We read somewhere where people had to replace rusted out tanks.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
Forget about the tanks. Put water in them if they do not leak they are probably good to go. Have the seller plug in refrigerator a day before you check the coach, this will give it enough time to cool to at least 40 degrees. Check the hot water tank for leaks and cracks. These things are very expensive to replace.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what chassis is it on? the old chevy P-30/32?(do a search) or the old pre 99 Ford with 16 inch rims? just because it is a 99 motorhome doesn't mean it is on a 99 new ford chassis.
I would figure on needing new tires in the near future on ANY thing you buy. unless of course the seller can show that he/she just put new ones on. check the date code. batteries won't kill you to replace. don't understand about the tank replacement. my 1999 chieftain that I traded in 1 1/2 years ago had a price listed of $39,900. I got about $20K for it.
bumpy