cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 1/2 to 2 adapter

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Just moved up to a 2500 from 1/2 ton. The hitch is 2 1/2 and I bought the adapter sleeve to go to 2in. The sleeve says to not use with weight distribution. So what are my option for my E2. Thanks Michael
10 REPLIES 10

MHWASH
Explorer
Explorer
Try it out as is, then decide. Only you can make that call.

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Ok the 2 1/2in shank is almost $200 and I am using a E2. Should I go ahead and spend some more and upgrade to new hitch or just spend another $200 on this one. I just upgraded to heavier bars about 4 months ago. This hitch is getting expensive.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I got a 2-1/2" shank and got rid of the excess play. I've also read about bent pins from using the adapter. You see, that 1/4" space around the shank might as well be air, the adapter is just a locator.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some times the adaptor is not long enough, and with the adaptor, you do have a little more play/slop, not good for WD hitch.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
MHWASH wrote:
I've towed lots with my factory GM adapter and Equilizer WD hitch. Roughly 10,000 TH. No issues or any apparent wear on the sleeve.

Maybe a "factory" adapter is okay to use?

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Is this true with all adapters? I've been using adapters for years and no problems. Just wondering if this was brand specific.

MHWASH
Explorer
Explorer
I've towed lots with my factory GM adapter and Equilizer WD hitch. Roughly 10,000 TH. No issues or any apparent wear on the sleeve.

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Yep...upgrade to a 2.5 inch WD shank.

YEP!
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep...upgrade to a 2.5 inch WD shank.
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD