cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 anti sway bar

rc135raven
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone help me understand why our previous 2002 Dodge Ram CTD had a rear anti sway bar but our "new" 2011 2500 6.7 diesel does not? Thanks for any input.
21 REPLIES 21

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
That went away with the 03 updated body. Dodge said the SB wasn't needed because of the increased length and geometry of the new trucks rear springs.
If that is the case then please explain why my '04.5 has one.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
AH64ID wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Excellent info - I think I'll put one on for the upcoming season camping.

You won't be disappointed.

I added mine because I was feeling the trailer (1200-1300lbs TW) on slow speed off-camber corners, on winding forest service roads. After the install that feeling went away.

Now I haul 2 quads above the bed rail, with gas/water/wood/etc below the bed rails and still have the same TW. Rock solid on corners and I only use about 20-25psi in the airbags.

Thanks, I've been waffling on this for years and wondering if it would really do any good when towing.

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

You won't be disappointed.

I added mine because I was feeling the trailer (1200-1300lbs TW) on slow speed off-camber corners, on winding forest service roads. After the install that feeling went away.

Now I haul 2 quads above the bed rail, with gas/water/wood/etc below the bed rails and still have the same TW. Rock solid on corners and I only use about 20-25psi in the airbags.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your 2002 2500 was equipped with the Camper Package. 3500 springs and a sway bar.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
AH64ID wrote:
ScottG wrote:
That went away with the 03 updated body. Dodge said the SB wasn't needed because of the increased length and geometry of the new trucks rear springs.

Exactly, a wider and longer spring and a stiffer frame made the bean counters think it wasn't needed.

I added a hellwig rear anti-sway bar to my 2005, which is the same suspension as your 2102 (I have upper overloads, but they are never engaged), and it has been an improvement empty and loaded. I have yet to find a situation where I don't like the swaybar.

While the truck was very stable without one, it's on rails with it.

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

Exactly, a wider and longer spring and a stiffer frame made the bean counters think it wasn't needed.

I added a hellwig rear anti-sway bar to my 2005, which is the same suspension as your 2102 (I have upper overloads, but they are never engaged), and it has been an improvement empty and loaded. I have yet to find a situation where I don't like the swaybar.

While the truck was very stable without one, it's on rails with it.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad