cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 nissan pathfinder

lcommerford
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 2014 2 wheel drive nissan path finder ana want to upgrade from a pup to a hybridttโ€ฆ.does anyone have a definitive answer as to how much i can pull with this โ€ฆ.car specs say 5000 lbs but hearing that is not the actual โ€ฆthanks
4 REPLIES 4

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Small hybrid shouldn't be a problem. Watch your weights and frontal area.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the 05 pathfinder was still body on frame construction. The newer ones are uni body. Totally different vehicle unfortunately
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

kvangil
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Pathfinder with a 6000# tow rating and pull a hybrid with GVW 4950lbs. I'd say if you keep it under 4000#, you may be ok with that model year Pathfinder. Just check your weights and take it easy. Although our '05 tows it ok, I wouldn't go up the mountains with it.
2004 Jayco X23b
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
That 5000 lbs tow rating, does not allow any weight for aftermarket accessories, passengers, and cargo. As you add those things, your tow capacity and available payload are going down, pound for pound.

Check your drivers door post. Look for a tire / loading sticker. It will give you a number for max occupant / cargo weight. Take that number and subtract weight for all the people and stuff you would normally carry in the vehicle.

Whatever is left, divide that number by .13. That will give you a ball park number for trailer weight that will put you close to max.

Example:

Say the loading sticker says 1000 lbs, you have 600 lbs of people and stuff. Divide 400 by .13 to get a 3076 lbs loaded trailer weight.

Keyword in the example is "loaded" trailer weight. That means, when the trailer is ready to go camping, it weighs no more than your estimated loaded weight.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)