cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 Amp right angle connector

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
For those of us who have a 50 Amp power cord to our RV's here's a right angle connector reasonably priced at $35.30 with free shipping from Amazon.com. I suggest this due to the standard power cord sticking out so far from the RV. This connector will keep the cord close to your RV and puts less strain on the power cord.
Click here: 50 Amp Connector.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W
18 REPLIES 18

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
When i followed the link to the pic it told me i had ordered this back in April. This is a 50amp 90degree connector. Connects to wall of RV and to the female end of 50 amp cord.
It is not a 30 to 50 amp adapter. I do have that one too.
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

ronniedean1234
Explorer
Explorer
Got one and love it...:)
17 Voltage 3970
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
I Have the equalivant 30A right angle CAMCO adapter and it works fine. You can't even buy the two locking connectors for the price of the adapter.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The Camco link I posted shows the ground connection even better. Click on the 55572 to enlarge.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
hershey wrote:
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
kenbert wrote:
That is not a 50amp RV plug.

Ken

Huh?

I have to agree with Ken. There are only 3 prongs on the one side and I have no idea as to whats on the other end. It may be 50 amps, but not the configuration that any RV uses.

the female twist lock end of a 50 amp cord only has three prongs as show in this link .... the 4th contact point is a metal plate on the side of the twist lock plug

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

kenbert
Explorer
Explorer
I get it. Just did not look like mine and my sisters FW. I guess some trailers have a twist on 50amp, Just never saw one on a MH.

Ken
95 Georgie Boy Encounter 37ft 5.9 cummins DP
01 Saturn SW

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great price compared to the Marinco model at 80 bucks. As others have pointed out the Marinco twist lock receptacle and plug have the ground on the outside ring.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
sljkansas wrote:
My 50 amp Fifth wheel has a twist on cord connector, and I can see where an adapter like this would relief some stain on the cord. Might look into getting one of those.
I already ordered mine. 🙂 The price is sure right, most places want around $45 and Walmart has them online for around $35, but then I have to pay sales tax. I'll save the sales tax and have it delivered to my door.

Thanks Bill.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look at the Camco link I posted. The model 55572 is a 50 amp twist lock on both ends. It has only three pins because the ground is through the outer shell.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
kenbert wrote:
Ken
Huh?

===========================

Ken, May be confusing this 50 Amp connector with the 50 Amp female connection at the Power Post. This connector is plugged into your 50Amp connector on the RV. In my case it's on my Cougar High Country Trailer.
Friend of mine has one on his new Open Range trailer with 50 Amp service.

This is a 50A right angle connector. it connects the 50A cord setand camper wall, the cordeset hooks to this connector like it normally would the campers wall plug, this gives you a right angle to take the stress off the regular cord set 50A end hooked to camper.If you have a removable 50 amp cord set.
I have one just like it and it works fine. used for 9 days last week.
Original poster may called it the wrong name but it is a 50amp connector. BUT this will not connect to an outlet, it connects between trailer wall and 50a cord set, the cord set has the male end that connects to the outlet.
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
My 50 amp Fifth wheel has a twist on cord connector, and I can see where an adapter like this would relief some stain on the cord. Might look into getting one of those.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Maybe it's for generator connections?

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
kenbert wrote:

Ken

Huh?

I have to agree with Ken. There are only 3 prongs on the one side and I have no idea as to whats on the other end. It may be 50 amps, but not the configuration that any RV uses.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
kenbert wrote:
Ken
Huh?

===========================

Ken, May be confusing this 50 Amp connector with the 50 Amp female connection at the Power Post. This connector is plugged into your 50Amp connector on the RV. In my case it's on my Cougar High Country Trailer.
Friend of mine has one on his new Open Range trailer with 50 Amp service.
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W