cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel hitch

allana
Explorer
Explorer
I have a chevy 2500 diesel and pull a 36 ft Bristol bay by sunny Brook. I have bottom of line reese hitch. When I am pulling I get alot of boucing in my truck. Need to buy better 5th wheel hitch and looking for the best to use for smooth ride
20 REPLIES 20

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also, your hitch may be to far back. Do you have a short bed truck?? Center of hitch needs to be 1"-4" in front of the rear axle.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
allana wrote:
I have a chevy 2500 diesel and pull a 36 ft Bristol bay by sunny Brook. I have bottom of line reese hitch. When I am pulling I get alot of boucing in my truck. Need to buy better 5th wheel hitch and looking for the best to use for smooth ride

Allan, you are not giving enough info, but it may not be just a hitch problem.

You have a big load, for a 2500. Is your truck suspension bouncing, is your trailer jerking the hitch, are you towing nose high, have you reduced pin weight, by having added weight, behind trailer axles?

If the hitch is the problem, you could upgrade to an air ride type of hitch or pin box.

In a standard hitch, the B&W Patriot is a very good hitch, at a great price. It would fit your standard Reese rails.

Jerry

Moved from Forum Technical Support

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Bouncing as in up and down? That would not be a hitch issue. Most likely a suspension issue. Like suggested above go to a scale and figure out your pin weight. Could be a set of airbags would smooth things out for you a lot cheaper than a hitch that will not change the issue.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

sail2liv
Explorer
Explorer
Have you weighed? Before going to new hitch would add more weight to the pin

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
BW love it.