cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aladdin Froze Up

valleydawg
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Aladdin system on my 05 Beaver. It has stopped working. I have a reset in the divers overhead compartment but it will not reset the system. You cant even get it to toggle with the switch. Is there another way to reset it? The only thing I really use is the Sony backup camera. Thanks for any help. Randy
11 REPLIES 11

valleydawg
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mark. I will give it a try.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
valleydawg wrote:
More Info. Model 413-05 V3.02 Sony Monitor. When you go to reverse the camera works but when in drive it goes back to the main screen and the joystick will not control the monitor. Anyway to wire it where just the monitor runs all the time? Thanks Randy

I don't know about the Sony monitor, but most LCD monitors have two control wires. One makes the monitor come on when the coach is in reverse, and the other makes the monitor come on when power is applied to that wire. You could remove the monitor and try swapping the two leads.

If you could find an installation manual for your monitor it would make the job much easier.

Good luck. Of course the best solution is getting the aladdin system working again.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Valleydawg, I was having trouble with the radio when traveling down the road (Aladdin, radio, camera's...all built-in)... The radio would just cut off and I would have to reset the clock too. I lived with it as it would happen several times close together then not for a long time.

It was time for new chassis batteries and it never happened since they were replaced. My radio works a little different too now. Before, the screen would stay on showing the clock even when the radio was off. Now, I have to turn the radio on to see the clock. The off button turns the unit all the way off, not in a semi-off mode like before.

Maybe if you try and disconnect the chassis batteries totally, leave them disconnected for 20-30 minutes and see if it resets. Worth a try.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

valleydawg
Explorer
Explorer
I have checked the connections and they seem to be ok.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Valleydawg, we have the Aladdin system too on our Monaco Dynasty. Is there a way to check the connections behind the unit?

We also have an Aladdin in the bedroom (See Vision option) so we can monitor the camera's around the coach. It didn't work once and I found out that the connection came loose under the bed. If your back up monitor works, it seems maybe something may have jiggled out of the connector on the unit.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

valleydawg
Explorer
Explorer
More Info. Model 413-05 V3.02 Sony Monitor. When you go to reverse the camera works but when in drive it goes back to the main screen and the joystick will not control the monitor. Anyway to wire it where just the monitor runs all the time? Thanks Randy

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
Beaver was bought by Monaco. I would recommend that you give Monaco a call. Also, Google Aladdin RV parts and see what pops up.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The master reset for most systems, both engine and house if they are 12 volt, (or 120 volt for that matter) is removal of power..

For example.. I have a digital TV converter made by LG (Lucky goldstar, I have come to think you are very LUCKY if a GOLDSTAR product works 100%, I've yet to be that lucky) IT locks up solid.. The only option is to completly remove power and then it will work when power is restored..

NOTE: I also have a Kenwood TM-733 that is a block of ice as well, That trick did NOT work with it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

valleydawg
Explorer
Explorer
I will check the system tomorrow. It just says Aladdin and controls the back up camera, gives you tank %, fuel mileage etc. The motorhome is a 40 ft Beaver Monterey. Over the driver side window is a small compartment and it has a reset switch.

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
1. What is an aladdin system?It is a system that is unique to Beavers that monitors various functions on a motorhome.
2. What is an 05 Beaver? A Beaver is a Class A motorhome. I believe they went out of business
3. Assuming this is a camper related problem, why do you have a divers compartment and what do you keep in there? I believer he meant DRIVERS compartment

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
1. What is an aladdin system?
2. What is an 05 Beaver?
3. Assuming this is a camper related problem, why do you have a divers compartment and what do you keep in there?

I am just more than a little confused by your question and what it relates to, bt then, that is not unusual.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."