cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Allure flooring question.....

oilcan
Explorer
Explorer
I am finally replacing my carpet. I have read that a lot of you have used the Allure vinyl product (floating planks) and that is what I was planning on using. I was reading the installation pdf and I am concerned about the part that says its not recommended for rv use.
quote - "You can not install Allure in Solariums/Sunrooms, over Carpets, or any Exterior Application including seasonal porches, camping trailers and boats. Avoid long term exposure to direct sunlight. Failure to properly shade Allure from the effects of the sun can damage (buckle) the floor."
AND
"IMPORTANT NOTE - Heat and cold resistant: Our adhesive can not get down to 15F (-10C) or not higher than 95F (35C) for an extended period of time. Long term exposure to freezing cold or hot tropical temperature will damage the floor or cause the adhesive to fail "
Since I live in Phoenix, AZ and our summer temps are over 100degrees you can understand my concerns.
Has anyone on here experienced and problems with any of the issues mentioned ?
Thanks in advance
1994 Damon Ultrasport C class
18 REPLIES 18

XJINTX
Explorer
Explorer
I would really like to use wood rather than laminate is that out of the question? THANKS for all the quick responses!!!

MrWizard
No...in most cases..only a few pounds difference between old and new floor
Carpet weighs more than the vynal you remove, but not enough to be a structural problem
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replacing carpeting or linoleum shouldn't change the weight dramatically. Laminate flooring isn't vastly heavier (or lighter) than either one. Replacing with e.g. ceramic tile or full-thickness wood planking would be more of a concern in terms of weight.

XJINTX
Explorer
Explorer
Newbie here... does replacing carpeting and or linoleum add too much, if any, additional weight? Not worried about towing weight but structurally.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
If the OP is married to the Allure product, I'd suggest to use Allure Ultra and allow for some possible separation. Dunno' Dr. with the problems regarding Pergo. I have the cheapest laminate from Lumber Liquidators in my rig and it looks like the day I installed it.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

MrWizard
Pergo junk ?

do you mean Allure ?
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
have installed Pergo top of the line flooring several times for customers and never again....it is junk and they will NOT warranty a delam after 6 months of purchase.

ronfisherman
I have installed Allure in my MH. It's been over 3 years. One of the best upgrades to our rig. Here are some pictures.
Endura flooring upgrade.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

MrWizard
i used Pergo "laminate" snap together floating hardwood flooring in a previous class A

and that will be my number one choice, when i finally get around to redoing the floor in this RV
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Tothill
Explorer
Explorer
I have Allure at my basement back door. Leaving the door open in the summer (SW facing), has caused the flooring to stretch and buckle.

I have it in our upstairs bathroom, and it has held up for about 10 years now.

I have lino in my RV and would never have carpeting in one.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I used the lock together kind last year on my Hybrid, it came out okay, but not what I'd be proud to show folks. Hard to get ALL the joints to close up completely, some had little gaps. It was tough to keep the floor, in some places 12' wide, lined up. Hence you end up with small gaps. If I were to do it again I think I'd try cork, glued and polyurethaned.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
I don't know why you would even ask the question. The manufacturer, who is trying to sell as much of that product as they possibly can, says it is not suitable for that use. Why would you want to go ahead and use it anyways?

X2

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know why you would even ask the question. The manufacturer, who is trying to sell as much of that product as they possibly can, says it is not suitable for that use. Why would you want to go ahead and use it anyways?

SMC
Explorer
Explorer
We removed the carpet on the slide out and installed the Allure flooring. (coach is tile except for the full wall side). Added a 1/4" sub flooring to take the place of the carpet pad. We full time so the coach doesn't get real cold or hot inside and it has done just fine.
SMC
Home is Where We Park It!
2012 Newmar Dutch Star 4346
2013 Chevy Traverse