cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Am I causing my mouse problem?

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
When we took our 5th wheel out of indoor storage this spring I found some mouse droppings. Not many but some. I baited a few mouse traps with peanut butter and pretty quickly caught 2 little grey mice re-baiting the traps after each catch. 2 weeks go by and nothing. No dropping and no mice caught in the traps. Today I check and I have a mouse in the trap. Now I am in a quandary. Was this third mouse always in my camper and just now found the traps OR is the peanut butter bated traps enticing the mice to come into our camper from outside because now they smell the peanut butter? I feel sort damned if I do and damned if I don't. Thoughts???????
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2
19 REPLIES 19

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Its a battle. They are everywhere. You need to beat them back. Whack em and stack em. Dryer sheets in the RV and basement. Peanut butter in the traps and start moving the kill line out. THIS IS WAR!!!! You slack off, they move in, you kill and kill, the line moves out. Who will win? Now kick butt soldier. ๐Ÿ™‚

LoL.... Made me laugh.... Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Its a battle. They are everywhere. You need to beat them back. Whack em and stack em. Dryer sheets in the RV and basement. Peanut butter in the traps and start moving the kill line out. THIS IS WAR!!!! You slack off, they move in, you kill and kill, the line moves out. Who will win? Now kick butt soldier. ๐Ÿ™‚

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
It's kinda like those electric bug zapper light thingies... I had one but the bugs kept coming. Then I turned mine off and gave one to each of my neighbors. I don't have any more bugs...
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Mouse pee and poop odors attract other mice.
You're on the treadmill now-they will be hard to keep out because they can smell MUCH better than you .
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Your RV is just a perfect habitat for mice. Dry, with lots of little nooks and crannies for mice to live and breed. Your RV has a lot of enticing smells other than peanut butter.

Keep resetting the traps, seal up all of the gaps and holes on the underbelly. I sealed all of the through holes where plumbing and gas lines come into the main living unit. Also sealed all of the holes between compartments where the wiring and plumbing run horizontally.

Mouse control is an ongoing task.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.