Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AMAZON updates! LOOK here a new TN location & other updates

Petruschke
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Campers!

I wanted to let you know about a few changes to our hiring for PEAK 2014.

Fernley, NV - We are full here and no longer taking applications

Campbellsville, KY - we are over 90% full at this location so if this is your choice please apply NOW!

Coffeyville, KS - many roles still open at this location. We are putting together a brochure for the local approved campgrounds so if you are interested in receiving this please email me at petrusch@amazon.com

Murfreesboro, TN - YES, we are expanding the CamperForce Program. This location just opened & we have limited jobs. If you are interested, please apply at www.amazon.com/camperforce

THIS YEAR WE ALSO HAVE NEW BENEFITS!

Immediate benefits
Employee Assistance Program
Child and Elder Care Referral Services
Nurseline
Weekly Pay Schedule
Overtime Pay
Holiday Overtime Pay
Shift Differential

Paid Time Off
After 21 days on assignment-eligible for 20 hours of ATO
After 90 days on assignment-2nd bank of 20 hours

After 30 days from Date of Hire
Amazon paid:
Medical and Prescription drug Coverage
Basic Life and AD&D for associate ($25,000)
Eligible for Referral bonuses

TO APPLY: www.amazon.com/camperforce

For more information: camperforce@amazon.com or toll free at 1-855-922-6737

Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer โ€“ Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
14 REPLIES 14

slborba
Explorer
Explorer
Petruschke: Great...thank you for the information. I have it on my calendar to contact you/Amazon in February 2017.

Petruschke
Explorer
Explorer
Slborba - we'll be delighted to have you! Remember the earlier you apply the better chance you have of getting the roles & shifts you'd prefer. We begin onboarding in September but if you apply in February & are hired, we just keep in touch with you until you are ready to begin. The earlier we have you signed up the better we can plan our resources for our holiday peak - plus you know for sure you have a job.

slborba
Explorer
Explorer
Petruschke wrote:
slborba - I just returned from Murfreesboro where I spent several days looking at campgrounds. We will have 5 in the mix to choose from & I am trying to have the brochure ready to look at by the middle of this coming week.

B.O. Plenty - if you are ill we don't expect you to work - and no you won't be laid off if you are ill. We do not pay sick days but once you are well & can return, you return to your job.

Petruschke: Thank you for the reply/information. My wife and I will retire from active USN service in 2017 and we plan on applying for the camperforce in Sep/Oct 2017 in either TN or KY. Please keep us in mind.
--Steve

Petruschke
Explorer
Explorer
If you are ill we expect you to stay home & not spread germs - you won't be fired for being physically ill. However, it isn't considered paid time.

Petruschke
Explorer
Explorer
slborba - I just returned from Murfreesboro where I spent several days looking at campgrounds. We will have 5 in the mix to choose from & I am trying to have the brochure ready to look at by the middle of this coming week.

B.O. Plenty - if you are ill we don't expect you to work - and no you won't be laid off if you are ill. We do not pay sick days but once you are well & can return, you return to your job.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Petruschke wrote:
To all: I am in a constant state of "how can we make a better workplace for our campers" here at Corporate. In that spirit, I am working with benefits to enhance & expand what we can offer our seasonal workers. This is a NEW benefit and as such hasn't been executed as yet so I don't have a history to explain how we've applied it previously.

FYI - in "corporate speak" PTO stands for paid time off. ATO stands for accrued time off - not paid.

This means you will accrue 20 hours of unpaid time off after the 1st 21 days on the job and another 20 hours after 90 days. Since this is unpaid time off we do not compensate you with payment if you choose not to take the time.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you.
So if you're sick and puking your guts out but have no ATO...what happens if you can't go to work, end of job?

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

slborba
Explorer
Explorer
What is the name of the campground that will be used for the TN location?

Petruschke
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Happy Kayakers! We try our hardest to make sure it's a good experience working for Amazon. We'd look forward to having you back any time your travels coincide with working for us!

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
mikeleblanc413 wrote:
Petruschke wrote:
That's a really good question - we don't do PTO but I'm getting a better understanding of how ATO works and how we are going to apply it. As soon as I have a conversation with our benefits group I'll be happy to get back to you.

With all due respect to the Amazon management...sounds like they don't have their act together! I've always been interested in working for Amazon...I don't want the hassles to begin with a hiring...I want the Amazon management to help me fit in...in every way...I've never found that to be the case! Sounds to me like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing! When that left hand/right hand connection takes place, contact me. I want to work!

I worked in the Campbellsville KY location 1 peak season. It was hectic from the start (expected) but management and regular employees did everything in their power to make sure I did well. Trying to coordinate the arrival of hundreds of RVers from all over the country, plus local temp workers, all with different start dates is obviously a major undertaking but for me it was pain-free. I'll do it again when my travel plans coincide with peak season.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

Petruschke
Explorer
Explorer
To all: I am in a constant state of "how can we make a better workplace for our campers" here at Corporate. In that spirit, I am working with benefits to enhance & expand what we can offer our seasonal workers. This is a NEW benefit and as such hasn't been executed as yet so I don't have a history to explain how we've applied it previously.

FYI - in "corporate speak" PTO stands for paid time off. ATO stands for accrued time off - not paid.

This means you will accrue 20 hours of unpaid time off after the 1st 21 days on the job and another 20 hours after 90 days. Since this is unpaid time off we do not compensate you with payment if you choose not to take the time.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you.

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Petruschke wrote:
That's a really good question - we don't do PTO but I'm getting a better understanding of how ATO works and how we are going to apply it. As soon as I have a conversation with our benefits group I'll be happy to get back to you.

With all due respect to the Amazon management...sounds like they don't have their act together! I've always been interested in working for Amazon...I don't want the hassles to begin with a hiring...I want the Amazon management to help me fit in...in every way...I've never found that to be the case! Sounds to me like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing! When that left hand/right hand connection takes place, contact me. I want to work!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
I not really sure what ATO is and right now I have a winter job lined up, but when I take a job, I'm looking to make money not take time off. But it is nice to see Amazon is expanding their Camperforce locations and benefits.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

Petruschke
Explorer
Explorer

Leathercrafter
Explorer
Explorer
Is the PTO going to be a "use it or lose it" situation? Or will we be paid for unused accumulation upon our departure? Is the PTO taking the place of the previous 2 non-paid days we got?