cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And Texas Caves In

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The last bastion of sanity has jumped on the "stay at home" bandwagon. They just sent me an email that they have closed all state parks to save the 1% who may die from the dreaded super virus. Texas was once a great state.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
767 REPLIES 767

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Made me think about this sone "Meet Me In the Middle"

It was seven hundred fenceposts from your place to ours
Neither one of us was old enough to drive a car
Sometimes it was raining, sometimes it would shine
We wore out that gravel road between your house and mine
I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
My brother married a gal from South Dakota, and he always said the only windbreak between South Dakota and the North Pole, was a 3-strand bob wire fence.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I see Texas will be the first state to partially open "stuff" next week.
bumpy

SD was never closed.

Sssshhhh.

SD has more elk or mountain goats than people. I remember driving through there thinking "if Johnny doesn't like the girl next door (maybe 5 or 10 miles away" he's screwed he'll be a lonely farm boy the rest of his life LOL.
There more folks getting gas for there cars in New york that all the people in SD.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I see Texas will be the first state to partially open "stuff" next week.
bumpy

SD was never closed.

Sssshhhh.

SD has more elk or mountain goats than people. I remember driving through there thinking "if Johnny doesn't like the girl next door (maybe 5 or 10 miles away" he's screwed he'll be a lonely farm boy the rest of his life LOL.
There more folks getting gas for there cars in New york that all the people in SD.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Budget shortfalls = Lets raise taxes!!!

Just wait.

Maybe they can reverse the damage done with their "tax relief" that happened a year ago. I'll give up the pittance if the rich return the trillion.

Funny how the $1.5 trillion given to the richest individuals and corporations meant the economy was going to ZOOM!

Now, give $2trillion to the other 99% and we are bankrupting the economy for generations to come.
Not to mention that way less than half of the current $2 trillion will ever come near the 99%. Sad that folks are bamboozled into directing their resentment toward some other poor sap making minimum wage or getting by on unemployment.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I will guess you are trying to be a S A and that's fine. Fact is there were several States ready to roll on Easter.

He's trying to be a System Administrator? If you're going to use acronyms they should at least be well known acronyms.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
rexlion wrote:
That doesn't count small business owners like me (I'm the only worker in the business and I'm at a standstill) who filed for an SBA PPP loan instead of unemployment. However, the SBA ran out of money and I don't know if I'll get the loan. Not sure if it's even possible to back-date an unemployment claim to mid-March when my business was idled. And I still must wait to see what the lender can do for me. I bet there are many other little businesses and contractors who are in the same situation. But we aren't officially unemployed... yet.

Rex

It also worries me the effect this will have on future business creation (which means job creation, too). This may be the new normal. A new virus comes along and people think we need to shut down society until they get it under control. I've been alive for 50 years and I've never seen society shut down like this before. It's crazy. Do we do this every time there's a new virus?

So if I'm thinking of starting a new business I have a new worry. Even if my business is a success society may shut me down because they are afraid of the virus of the month. Will people keep creating new businesses with that new risk hanging over their heads?
Exactly right. In fact, this mess has made me think about abandoning my business and getting a government job or a government-funded job, such as teaching school. Seems much less risky financially.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
time2roll wrote:
NJRVer wrote:
Like taking the express elevator to the top of a ten story bldg. and then having to walk down a ramp with a 1-12 pitch to get back to the ground floor.
Not sure we ever get back to ground floor zero on this.

Mark your calendar, we will be in good shape by September with us living a NORMAL life, most likely before that!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
shelbyfv wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Good news it's April and the virus should be forgotten about.
It was over by Easter, right? I don't know why we are still screwing around at home two weeks later. Let's get out and paarr-teee!!!

I will guess you are trying to be a S A and that's fine. Fact is there were several States ready to roll on Easter.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
NJRVer wrote:
Like taking the express elevator to the top of a ten story bldg. and then having to walk down a ramp with a 1-12 pitch to get back to the ground floor.
Not sure we ever get back to ground floor zero on this.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
First, it was "Not a problem". Then it was "Vice President Pence's problem". Now it is "The Governor's problem". Get the picture?

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Budget shortfalls = Lets raise taxes!!!

Just wait.

Maybe they can reverse the damage done with their "tax relief" that happened a year ago. I'll give up the pittance if the rich return the trillion.

Funny how the $1.5 trillion given to the richest individuals and corporations meant the economy was going to ZOOM!

Now, give $2trillion to the other 99% and we are bankrupting the economy for generations to come.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Covid cases rose dramatically in the end of March. And now people are all saying they are dropping off.
Trouble is the rate they are dropping off.
Two weeks worth of rise will turn out to be 2-3 months to decline.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
And yet April is averaging 1,946 deaths per day including 2,535 yesterday.
Is this the the peak?

1,946 per day is still over 700,000 per year rate if it continues. Will be looking for the decline very soon.

Peak in April does not fit that CDC chart very well.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Let the Donino's FALL!!!!!!!!

I had me one of those Donino's, **** thing kept falling over.