cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anderson Ultimate??

missouri_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Just got to see, for the first time, one of those Anderson ultimate hitches. That seems to be a pretty handy, dandy device. Any opinions on it?
39 REPLIES 39

bshgto1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought it cause I got tired of hooking up the winch in the garage to remove the Super Glide hitch to use my pick up for what it was designed to do. And the heavy beast was always in the way. Now I just lift my hitch with one arm and hang it on the wall in the garage till needed. I mean really what could be easier. AS for failures, ANYTHING manufactured
can and will fail from time to time, hence warranties. Any way I`ll never go back, adding an air ride pin box like the one I have really makes it a nice ride.
2018.5 Montana 3791 Rear Den
Electric brakes suck Disk brakes it`s the only way
Andersen Ultimate on the pucks, 5th AirBorne Mor/ryde SRE 4000 X Factors....real smooth ride
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7 Top Dog 5595 payload

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Guys, lets not re-hash all this old stuff again. If you want to comment about past discussions, post a link and be done with it.

This topic is almost like truck, Hensley, and gun threads. They almost always turn sour and have to be deleted or locked. This thread is getting very close to one of those actions.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IdaD wrote:
gkainz wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
^^^^^ sad part is the guy had the 5er prep in his truck.

This hitch is their second attempt to cure the "folding hitch" syndrome.

I believe there have been ... what? 2? incidents of hitch failure? Hardly enough to warrant calling it a "syndrome".

Disclosure: Andersen Ultimate Aluminum owner/user and it satisfies my towing needs completely.

You can find B&W hitch failures online too. Odd that the guy never posts those links (over and over). :R

I think if you have read my posts on the B&W's and it seems you do pay attention you will see I have mentioned MY bed deflection issue with my 18K Companion comparing it to the same issue with the Ultimate2 towing heavy.

I have seen ONE as you would call it B&W hitch failure. Not so sure it was a failure. I think I would rather have the hitch give way at some point VS roll my truck over. Not 100% decided on that.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
HMMMMMM

"I dont like Aluminum in this particular scenario especially thin wall tubing with lateral forces applied. Thats why I have Steel."
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
gkainz wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I believe there have been ... what? 2? incidents of hitch failure? Hardly enough to warrant calling it a "syndrome".

Disclosure: Andersen Ultimate Aluminum owner/user and it satisfies my towing needs completely.

You really think RV.NET represents the entire RV world???

You really think they would re design a product over 2 failures???

Watch the circus type "crush" test it does NOT address the fore and aft forces.

But hey I am a hater. :R

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Can't high hitch with an AU. Other than that it's all personal preference. I'm seeing more and more of them while out camping but not reading more and more about failures.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
gkainz wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

You can find B&W hitch failures online too. Odd that the guy never posts those links (over and over). :R
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Any documentation to your accusations? Or are we gossiping like a bunch of Ole Hens? And no not about a folded hitch, we can see one folded. We can also only assume there was no prior damage and the hitch was used within its limits before it folded, hell I assume the damage was caused by its intended use.

I dont like Aluminum in this particular scenario especially thin wall tubing with lateral forces applied. Thats why I have Steel.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.granddesignowners.com/forum/showthread.php/13903-Andersen-Hitch-Failure-on-Facebook
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
sayoung wrote:
jkwilson wrote:
They work fine. Light, easy to hitch, tow well etc., etc.. People who own them never complain about them. People who donโ€™t know anything about them always complain about them.

I like mine & have no plans to change. As said, those that hate em never seem to own em.

Wondering who hates them?

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
jkwilson wrote:
They work fine. Light, easy to hitch, tow well etc., etc.. People who own them never complain about them. People who donโ€™t know anything about them always complain about them.

I like mine & have no plans to change. As said, those that hate em never seem to own em.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Just for full disclosure, we have the AUH, but have not towed with it. We purchased a new Ford F350 dually in December, after we had winterized the 5'er. We will have our first tow hopefully, in two weeks.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I run the steel version. Love it. Can't say I would have the Aluminum version.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler