cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have any updates on their Carlisle Radial Trail HD's?

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
Am replacing my tires and moving from load range D to E. Want the extra buffer. I also notice that my trailer tends to lean toward the one side making me think that side is supporting more of the weight anyway.

I was looking at Maxxis as well but I like the idea of the Carlisle's being a newer design as well as my Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires on my boat trailer have been on there almost 5 years without a problem at all.

I would love to hear from people that have the HD's and hear what their experiences are. Please do your best to not tell me about your old Carlisle from years ago that was ****:)

Thanks in advance for your replies!
47 REPLIES 47

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a little late to the party on this thread but I just found the info I was looking for! I was looking at the Carlisle and a Heartland both sold at discount tire. Is there any info on Heartland tires?
My gut tells me the Carlisle is the way to go!
I saw a mention of Maxxis tires but I have those OEM, No more than 3k miles on them and they are wearing thin and will be replaced in the next couple days.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
rsaylor3 wrote:
I had the new tires put on today. So I went from a load range D, to a load range e. Should I run these at Max Pressure, 80 psi?

Carlisle would be the people you should ask this question as they will supply the warranty on their new tires.

Carlisle in the past has said warranty is void if the damaged tire has been operated at less than max cold set pressures.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
I had the new tires put on today. So I went from a load range D, to a load range e. Should I run these at Max Pressure, 80 psi?

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I got 10,000 +/- miles each out of my last two sets of GY Marathons. I expect no less out of the new Carlisle HDs. I actually expect more. Time will tell.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
So far so good with about 750 miles on them.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to get LT tires, but no one in my area sold ones I needed for a reasonable price (couldn't get the right load rating). I had a couple people on here provide a bunch of options for me on LT tires. I got invited on an impromptu calling trip so I needed a set in a hurry. I went with the HDs from discount tire. I only have the one trip about 120 miles each way. Pulled well, didn't notice really much difference, will be interesting to see how they hold up. They look much nicer than most trailer tires.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
I just put four of these on my trailer today. THEN I decided maybe I ought to see if anybody on here had any experience with them. Heh. In one of the other threads around here people seem to be having good luck so far. Mine go out for their first trip in a week, but its just a couple of hundred miles... I'll be following along as well.
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
I have 7,000 miles on my Carlisle RH tires without any issues.

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
I sure will. I just got back from 6 hour round trip and will be doing a 16 hour round trip on the new HD's early August . Can't wait to see how they tow.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
You going with the HD's I assume? Let us know what you think.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyone's replies! I had them order the tires and new metal valve stems. Can't wait to know I have new ones on there!

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
Greene728 wrote:
I've had them on my rig since May 2013 (Radial RH) and very pleased so far with zero issues and great wear!
As it stands now I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again!

Never ran the HD though, so can't comment on those. Sure don't think I'd be scared of them with my results with the RH.
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
I've had them on my rig since May 2013 (Radial RH) and very pleased so far with zero issues and great wear!
As it stands now I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on my 5th wheel. I will report back if I have any problems or in 4 years when I get some new tires.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:

When I bought mine just a couple months ago Discount Tire was the only one that had them. I'm still not sure if they aren't an exclusive tire for just them, especially since the RH's are still referred to as 'new' on Carlisle's website.

I got my RH's from Tread Depot in April of '15. Agree the HD's may be too new, also agree they're getting good reviews so far, as are the RH's. Happy with mine.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard