cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone tow a 2013 Honda Fit? (Manual transmission)

navvets
Explorer
Explorer
Just interested in knowing if anyone has towed a 2013 Fit (manual transmission) four wheels down, and if so, were there any problems. Any info will be appreciated...
6 REPLIES 6

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
sfischer wrote:
We have a 2012 M/T model and love it.
Same advise as above, except the key should be in the "Accesory I" position. I'm sure that is what tatest probably meant, but if the key is truly in the "OFF" position then the steering wheel will lock. Not a good thing when towing behind a MH.

Off position works for me on manual. Steering won't lock until key is pulled out.

Acc position would ensure key does not fall out or get pulled out.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

sfischer
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 M/T model and love it.
Same advise as above, except the key should be in the "Accesory I" position. I'm sure that is what tatest probably meant, but if the key is truly in the "OFF" position then the steering wheel will lock. Not a good thing when towing behind a MH.
GoneByRV Travel Blog

Currently:

2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH Powerglide Chassis
Current Toad: 2012 Honda Fit Sport, M/T

Prior:

2004 Arctic Fox 29 5-E 5er
1994 Chev 2500HD, 7.4L, 4.10
1994 Jayco 3250RLR 5er
1992 Terry 27' TT
1991 Terry 19' TT

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012 manual transmission Fit. I don't think anything has changed.

I leave it in neutral, key in ignition, OFF position.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Wayne_Dohnal
Explorer
Explorer
20,000 towing miles on a 2009 Fit automatic. The only significant problem has been the low front spoiler getting major rock dings. My motorhome has a short rear overhand which probably contributes to this.
2009 Fleetwood Icon 24A
Honda Fit dinghy with US Gear brake system
LinkPro battery monitor - EU2000i generator

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Towed a 2009 Honda Fit w/auto 5 years and 30k miles. May be the perfect toad. Good luck.
Jack H
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

nibot1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Honda fit, and have been towing behind my 5th wheel for 6 years. I used a hitch weighing 18 lbs from Blue Ox, and had a shop that specializes in hooking up tow vehicles install the front attachment to my car and make sure the wiring was correct. It tows like its not even there, and since it is 4 on the ground, it doesn't add to the pin weight, and the weight on the back of the 5th wheel is 18 lbs.
Good luck.