cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for info re; chinese fuses causing fires

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier this month or maybe as far back as last month, there was a post about an electrical problem and fuses blowing, someone warned about using the Chinese fuses sold on eBay as they have been know to cause fires. I have searched Fuses, Fire, Fires and Chinese Fuse with no luck, anyone remember of able to find the thread?
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
4 REPLIES 4

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks RoyB and nomad297, both threads are interesting but not the one I was looking for. I'll keep trying.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Not fuses but I posted about bad and counterfeit circuit breakers circulating beforeโ€ฆ

To many things on most trailers is spec at just sufficientโ€ฆ tires, wheels, springs, brakes from the 50โ€™s, axles, frames, holding tanks and plumbing, and the power systems along with the industries purchasing methodsโ€ฆ

For me this creates distrust in the RV industryโ€ฆ

so many claim to be able to use power indiscriminately almost without much power management and do it successfullyโ€ฆ

That, the distrust for the industry and bottom line buying, and the reported RV fires, sure make me think and wonder if there may be a unknown safety issue going onโ€ฆ

I remember the Security and Exchange Commission filing by a company that purchased Federal Pacific Electric that said the UL listings on circuit breakers made by Federal Pacific had previously been obtained through the use of deceptive and improper practicesโ€ฆ millions of them were sold and caused many home firesโ€ฆ

Then there was the counterfeit Square-D circuit breakersโ€ฆ

and not long ago over 100,000 made-in-China counterfeit Schneider Electric breakers were routed through Colombia and found in a Miami warehouse (may be connected with the Square D issue)โ€ฆ

A circuit breaker is designed to trip during an overload or short circuit, thereby cutting off the flow of electricity and preventing a fire. But if the breaker doesnโ€™t trip, the increasing current can cause the wires to overheat, and even ignite inside the wallsโ€ฆ

there may be nothing to it, but to many report being able to overdrive the breakers in their RVโ€™s IMO and that concerns meโ€ฆ

I didnโ€™t mention my distrust of Chinese importsโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
I found this thread on RV.net.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did a google search for chinese fuses causing fires and got a few hits..

This one in particular

chinese fuses causing fires

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS