cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone towing Buick Enclave with Gas V10 Class A?

jrlibbie09
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all

Looking to see if anyone has experience towing a Buick Enclave with a Gas Class A? The hitch on mine is 5k, and the Enclave is close to that limit at 4800. I want to use the ReadyBrake tow system. We usually are in the Texas to Fla area, so not climbing any mountains. Looking for any issues towing the weight. I have already weighed, etc, and have years of towing boats, horse trailers etc, with a truck.

Thanks
Coachmen Encounter 37FW 2012
Ford Edge 2010, towed with
ReadyBrute Elite w ReadyBrake
7 REPLIES 7

jrlibbie09
Explorer
Explorer
Keep me posted. Iam actually looking at Ford Edge now to buy and use as my daily and tow car. Would be around 7-800 lbs less, coming in at 4k.

65FalconLover
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same question about towing our GMC Acadia behind our new to us '08 Bounder V10 and were told by several that we would be fine. In fact the previous owner towed a Dodge Durango behind it and said he had no trouble towing all over the western states where we are. I'm getting my tow bar mounts installed in a couple weeks so I'll find out soon enough myself!

John

Explorer
Explorer
I get along fine with a 5000 lb Explorer behind my 2000 V10.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I presume 4800 pounds "wet"? Full tank of gas, etc.? If so, good to go, but you really are at or close to the limit. IMO...too close, but that's me. With that weight, a supplimental breaking system is needed.

g'luck!

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
If you're at or under all the ratings then you're good to go. Good luck.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

jrlibbie09
Explorer
Explorer
Everything has been weighed and the Enclave is towable 4 down. I would be close to max weight on everything, and don't really care for that, but that is the only car I have that is even close to working.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the capacity? GCWR? It's not just the hitch rating. And, is the Enclave even towable 4 down?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad