cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use a water meter?

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so recomend to me a garden hose style water meter. My TT does not have a gravity fill or overflow and i can not tell how much water is in the freash water tank. If you fill it up too much it can pressurize, wich is bad. Normally not a problem but when i was sanitizing it i forgot to swap over the valve, so i had no idea how nuch water i had in the tank. Then i forgot to switch the other valve over to shut down the siphon hose because i didnt see it. The controlls and pump are under the couch inside and its a pita to see or feel to open and close the right levers. They should make it easier! Lol. Or i should mark them one day.........
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.
32 REPLIES 32

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fresh water tanks have Overflows & Vents
Vents can be small diameter and if vent line sags water can get trapped in low end and block all venting

Overflows come out top and extend below enclosed underbelly
Should NOT have shutoff valve on it...should be open pipe typically 1/2"

Even the KZ Manual states...."Each storage tank has an over flow line."

Several Garden Hose Meters available on Amazon for $16-$30
Rainwave, Orbit, P3 ---pick one
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
Sjm9911 wrote:
Ok, so recomend to me a garden hose style water meter. My TT does not have a gravity fill or overflow and i can not tell how much water is in the freash water tank. If you fill it up too much it can pressurize

I'm curious where the air in the tank goes as you fill it if there's no overflow pipe?

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
I have something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Rainwave-RW-9FM-Digital-Water-Meter/dp/B007NHS9M4/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3TE0GGYK91R...
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat