cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Fox 29-L or 27-5L

jffkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Searching for a different trailer, I have my mind set on the Arctic Fox 29L Travel Trailer as we are Travel Trailer People and not really Fifth Wheel Folks. If it were to be a Fifth Wheel, it would be the 27-5L. Anyhow, so my story goes, I have found 2 in the western united states, both 2010 model year and the only thing keeping me form running out, looking and negotiating is the distance to the dealers that have them. One in Coos Bay Oregon and one in Boise Idaho. So My question, pleas for help or whatever you want to call it is: Is there anyone within a comfortable distance of the Phoenix Metropolitan area in Arizona that has one that I can look at and get an idea of the floor plan and pros and cons on. I know this is a lot to ask, but driving 1000 miles just to see is kinda silly. They have one in Mesa Arizona that is a 2014 model year, but would like to see one that is a few year old to make my comparison. Any help, suggestions etc. would be greatly appreciated. Or if you like, tell me to go pound sand and deal with it. Thanks in advance for you help, Jeff & Karen and as always, Good Luck & be Safe ! ! !
5 REPLIES 5

GON2SKI
Explorer
Explorer
Bought mine from Nelsonsโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.The staff is very helpful and willing to go the extra mile. Let me know if I could help.
2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

jffkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I am in the process of getting some additional info form both places. Dollar wise, I am closer to the one in Boise. It seems to be in great shape, (according to the pictures) as the other is too. Just closer to the total max out of pocket cost I plan on. Thanks again. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
If the one in Boise is at Nelson's RV, I am sure you could get them to make a video for you. You could let them know of anything you want them to pay special attention to and they could spend more time on that, but I am sure they will do whatever you need to help you out.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
You are aware the 2010 27-5L is a different floorplan then the 2014, right?

The 2010 27-5L has the bedroom slide on the passenger side (vrs driver side) and the bathroom layout is a little different.

The 27-5L actually has had three different floor-plans. The older had no bedroom slide, then from 2000(ish) to 2012 they had a slide on the "wrong" side, then from then on they were on the "right" side.

If the 2012's were on the "right" side we would have bought a 27-5L instead of the 29-5E (which is a very similar floorplan to the "new" 27-5L)
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
I live a few miles from Coos Bay I could go look at it for you if that helps.