cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ARE YOU A NOMAD ?

mountainborn
Explorer
Explorer
A few reasons that some are NOMADS. Link to story and photos.

Link to the article with photos
2010 Coleman Fifth wheel CT325
2008 Ford F350 Dually
2012 Jeep JK Hardtop
http://www.mountainborn.blogspot.com/
12 REPLIES 12

Yak
Explorer
Explorer
Hobohemian

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
And some folks have been Nomads for a long time!

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II

pondputz
Explorer
Explorer

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Since I've put around 20,000 miles per year on the trailer is the 3 years I've owned it, and been on the road for more days than I've been home, I guess I am!

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
No. I've been renting the same house near the same small town for 23 years. I've been banking at the same small town bank for 42 years, and so on. I love camping but, my job keeps me to busy to get more then weekends off so I stick close to home. Usually within 75 miles. There are not that many parks around here so that means I often end up in the same ones.

I like being the dependable, grounded, person that others can rely on. It's my thing.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
My TT is. :B

At 65, I wish I was. ๐Ÿ˜ž
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Gee, I'm a little older than that and have been retired for 19 years and I read and re-read that and I thought that it was an ad.

I've been that way for a long time, it's always time to move on to the next experience and for new scenery. I love having a permanent place but can't find the ideal place due to the location of the DGKs being here in SoCal.

I'm part of the forgotten generation, everyone knew we were there but nobody knew what we were doing and no one has missed our passing. To bad too, we put up the faรงade that we would bomb the he!! out of who ever made a move on our homeland. I say faรงade because we could have won any race we got involved in and we did. Highways from Eisenhower and the collapse of the USSR from Reagan.

Not bad for a generation that no one remembers.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another nomad here too. When on the road we seldom stay still for more than a few days.

We are also hermits. When at home in Bermuda we seldom leave our property except for the necessities like grocery shopping or getting supplies for whatever project that is going on around the house.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I am a Nomad. IN 2 or 3 weeks and I am itching to move on.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I am.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, that's me. I'll be surprised if you get many "no's" on this question.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard