cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arrrghhh! MICE!

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
I think we have a mouse trying to nest in our MH. Last weekend I moved it out of its cover and our little Dachshund would not quit sniffing around the right front suspension area. I pretty much ignored it and told him to get away, even though he resisted and kept wanting to go back.

I brought it back out of its cover today to do some things to it, and he was right back to the same spot. I crawled underneath and did not see a thing. So, I popped the hood and was greeted with a bunch of pieces of chicken feathers on the battery from my wife's laying hens. I assume it is from a mouse even though there no droppings to be found anywhere.

Bottom line, what is a sure fire way to mouse proof your MH? Is there such a thing. I have never had to deal with them before except a couple that got in the house years ago.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate
20 REPLIES 20

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
A mouse that eats chickens? Yikes! Snap trap and peanut butter. All the different smelly items do nothing, imo.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I read years ago to put dryer sheets (Bounce) in the trailer when not in use. Some years I do that when it goes in for storage, some years I haven't . No mice so far.
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Get some sticky mouse traps. Work like a charm. Take it from my experience.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
A pet "fox snake" will eradicate the mice in short order.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

brewjaz
Explorer
Explorer
Try several of these packets: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0021LWPPY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=39G6SAEIPVJ30&coliid=I2YQ1BWAN5BSKY&psc=1 (maybe all if your MH is large) and several cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil (NOT EXTRACT), changing every 3 months or so.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Keep mice away 2007
Prevent mice 2011
Kill/prevent mice 2011
Mice 2013
Mice, Apr 2014
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman