cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auto start on generator

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have an auto start on their RV so as to start and run the generator when battery voltage drops to a certain level?? I know some MHs probably come factory with them being they are diesel and injected which usually spells easy start, but looking more at an after market or non-factory setup. Good, bad, expensive, easy or hard to setup or install?
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP
7 REPLIES 7

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
A web search for "Onan EC-30" will turn up lots of relevant info, including YouTube "How To..." videos.

Onan EC-30 search results

Yes that's one that I've been reading about...seems pretty easy to install.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
dons2346 wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
Would be great if you only boondock, but if you're in a CG with posted generator hours and it kicks on, someone may show up at your door telling you to turn it off.

This is the reason that generators with auto start can be programed for quiet hours
Great, thanks for that, having never researched one, I didn't realize that, but it makes perfect sense.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Would be great if you only boondock, but if you're in a CG with posted generator hours and it kicks on, someone may show up at your door telling you to turn it off.

This is the reason that generators with auto start can be programed for quiet hours

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
Good, bad, expensive, easy or hard to setup or install?

I had a Magnum Energy network AGS module installed. The network version interfaces with my Magnum inverter/charger.

It will start up on either low battery voltage or high internal temp (great for pets).

A good buy.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Onan EC-30 came on my MH...tested it 13 years ago and have never used it since. Guess I need to see if it still works.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
A web search for "Onan EC-30" will turn up lots of relevant info, including YouTube "How To..." videos.

Onan EC-30 search results
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate