cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bad weather-Derecho will affect 10 states

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're traveling today, hopefully you've heard about this severe weather outbreak/forecast.
Gigantic line of storms in midwest to the east coast.
The risk of severe weather in Chicago, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio, is roughly 45 times higher than on a normal June day, Bunting said. Detroit, Baltimore, Washington, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and Louisville, Ky., have a risk level 15 times more than normal. All told, the area the weather service considers to be under heightened risk of dangerous weather includes 64 million people in 10 states.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
3 REPLIES 3

tomdinwv
Explorer
Explorer
Robin1953 wrote:
We had the Derecho here in WV last June. Power was out for a week. I hope it goes elsewhere this year.

That was a mess. We were one of the lucky few. Our electric was only out for a few hours and we were not home during that time. We rode out that storm on a friend's farm. They were having their annual 4th of July party. About 30 or 40 of us were tent camping around their cabin. We were right out in the middle of that storm trying to save everyone's tents, awnings, etc... We didn't have any warning that the storm would be that severe. We came home the next morning and it was crazy. Power was out everywhere, tree limbs were down, homes were torn up. Any gas station that had power had long lines at their gas pumps and you couldn't find a bag of ice anywhere.

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
We were in the derecho that hit western Ohio last summer, no fun at all, trees down everywhere, power out. I'm glad we are home this summer. But we can have sudden wind storms too so...be safe everyone!
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
We had the Derecho here in WV last June. Power was out for a week. I hope it goes elsewhere this year.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins