RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

improving sway control

we're towing 5500 lbs of tt with a ram 1500. performance is great in general but our sway controller is one of the typical made in china friction slide gadgets, not the greatest im sure. there way too much slack in just the ball mounts for example....

Full-timer insurance with Progressive...

I've stopped traveling for several years so I'm retweaking my truck/rig insurance. Progressive has me so confused. Personal effects are just the items that have to do with living in the RV? Like electronics? Can't think of anything else that applie...

Health insurance

Anyone know who offers the best high deductible health insurance plan?ACA coverage has gotten to expensive and I have a few years before medicare kicks in. In my case bronze coverage is $8700. With a $8000. deductible. I live in KS.Please do not turn...

Best tow dolly

What are your suggestions for a tow dolly, electric brakes for an older man? Will tow Fiat behind Sprinter class RV.ThanksEDIT-------------I should have been more thorough. I want a drive on and secure the tire type. I can't bend down to put on and ...

Removing decal residue from fiberglass

I removed a couple decals, leaving some residue behind. What products have you guys found to be best/safest for removal? I have some Goof Off, but have never used it on the trailer before. Thanks!

Herd_Fan by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Another water hose

The two water hoses for my motorhome need replaced. Kinked, folded and dirty. I’ve seen a variety of them out there. Currently I have the white Camping World 25-footers. Any recommendation or ones to avoid? I do not have room for any sort of hose ree...

Kwahl1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

New tow vehicle: hitch height question

Hi everyone. I just upgraded my tow vehicle to a 2017 F350 crew cab 6.2L. I have a 33’ Keystone Bullet TT with a loaded weight of around 7,200lbs. The tongue weight is around 900lbs. I’ve pulled it with a 2007 F150, but this new 1-ton sits quite a bi...

So. Backed into a tree.

After backing out of the road thru the obstical course in my front yard. I have to back out of the road at an angle, between 2 trees while dodging the 2 trees behind them. so while attempting to do that for the millionth time. I finally after 35 year...

Breakowns while travelling

Live in southern Ontario. Bought my truck and fifth wheel 5 years ago. Been taking winter vacations in Florida the past 3 years. This past spring there was an issue with the truck and I had an incredibly stressful 4 day drive home.Just because we hav...

Enclosed underbelly

So, how many of you have a couple access areas that you cut open and keep taped shut when not using? I had to do that with my last trailer, and may have to do it again now to find the source of a trickle of water. I'm not a fan of enclosed underbel...