RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Im in myrtle beach.. hurricane help.

Hi all. Im from nj but living in myrtlr beach in my camper. Im doing this till i get a stick built home..The hurricane is supposed to hit here. Im not familiar with hurricanes and best I have seen were 50mph winds during hurricane sandy.So what I nee...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Dry Camping Power

I would really like to be able to dry camp. Sadly, I must admit to liking my electronics, so I'm trying to figure out how to manage power.I found a generator I like: Champion 4000 WattBut, I realized earlier that that only works for power while runni...

oyarsa by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Confused 1/2ton or 3/4ton ?

Looking at purchasing our first tt and confused by all the different responses as to what truck we should get to tow it. It has a UVWR of 5295 lbs hitch weight of 635lbs. Most are saying to go with a 3/4 ton yet the 1/2 ton is rated to 7000 lbs. So I...

error message on truck

I was wondering if anyone might have some input. On our truck an error messages flashes with an explanation point and a message asking if the trailer is connected along with beeping here and there. We have had two dealers look at it and they can fi...

tc1 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

No power from battery to camper

Wondering if anyone would have any thoughts about an issue with a used TT my daughter and son in law just bought. They can't seem to get any current from battery (which is brand new and fully charged) into RV. Traced the wires and they seem OK. Batte...

shar3890 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Reflective tape

My wife is on some face book RV groups. It seems on her groups everyone is talking about adding extra reflective tape on the back of the camper.I do not have a problem with adding the tape. I am just curious how many people have added reflective ta...

grizz272 by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

The Campground Driveby

It must be that we normally avoid the holiday weekends and typically arrive on the Monday for the week. This time we came early. Has anyone noticed the campers who evidently get great joy from riding around and around campground loop roads, over and ...

Check this out!!!

I was watching Diesel brothers (great show for all you oil-burners out there) and they reacted to this video of an A-hole who said that he was a "diesel mechanic for Weaver County" Watch the idiot!berating a Mexican family at length in front of the m...

Hurricane Florence Evacuation

My niece is living in her TT in the New Bern area of North Carolina. She wants to pull her TT out and head in-land until the hurricane passes. We will go down and tow her TT and put her Harley in the bed of our truck while she drives her car. How ...

Hurricane evacuation

The website Boondockers Welcome which we have been hosts for in the past has just sent an email asking for volunteer hosts for rv owners that need a safe evacuation site member of the site or not. They are posting this on their FB page and many have ...

Using an External Battery Charger on TT

Would it cause any damage to the onboard converter if I used an external battery charger to charge battery. Should I disconnect the battery when charging? What if the TT is connected to shore power? The WCO converter does not charge very well and I d...

rirish1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Rooftop air conditioner filter

Hi,So I recently flushed out my condenser and exhaust coils on my 5th wheel with a water hose. It was short-cycling and now works like a champ- had lots of wind and dust this year. Anyway, when I took the sheetmetal shroud cover off the condenser c...