cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Disconnect switch

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use a battery disconnect switch on their toad ? I was thinking of installing one on my Element.
7 REPLIES 7

DUNEBUGGYDOUG
Explorer
Explorer
I have pulled a CR-V all over the place and never ran the battery down by leaving the switch on

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
I want to make sure when towing my Honda Element the battery does not go dead from leaving the switch on. Im just trying to think what would be the best way to prevent the battery from being drained when towing.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a couple of those gizmos that plug into a "hot" cigarette lighter and take a 9 volt battery that is supposed to remedy this>
bumpy

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
I have a battery disconnect switch - because the flat towing section of the smart car owners manual says to disconnect the battery when flat towing. photo link

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Had one once,got rid of it! Still happy!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless it is an old car, a battery disconnect will cause the car's computer to lose its programming. It will take anywhere from 1 to several hours of driving for it to relearn the programming. Note, I am not talking about the radio presets, which will also go away.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
moose888 wrote:
Does anyone use a battery disconnect switch on their toad ? I was thinking of installing one on my Element.

Why?
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.