cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Be prepared

Retired_andLove
Explorer
Explorer
Visiting my daughter this week and camping in a Corp park nearby. I get chest pains and end up in the nearby University hospital. I'm stuck here for I don't know how long. Possibly bypass surgery. My wife isn't physically capable of hooking up and driving home. This is the second time out with the new rig. Dogs need to be in a kennel.
I feel fine at the present and I'm trying to talk the Dr. into letting me take the camper and dogs home and come back for the next stage of testing. He is thinking about it.
I'll be talking to my neighbor to see if he will be able to help if I have another problem like this. He is retired and has a similar size 5er. I'll try to talk my wife into trying to tow. She will always be able to get help hooking up in a campground.
My wife will be able to stay with my daughter.
I hope I can get everything straightened out.
Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro
11 REPLIES 11

PapaNIes60
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear. God's speed.

Retired_andLove
Explorer
Explorer
Finally went to catheterization lab last night. Had 90% blockage in one of the main veins. Placed stent right next to the stented blockage that I had in2002. Woke up this morning with no chest discomfort. Waiting for Dr. to release me. I may or may not drive home tomorrow.
Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
All the best!!!

Retired_andLove
Explorer
Explorer
False alarm day before yesterday. After two more days of testing the word is that I will be consulted today about the procedure. I haven't been too happy with my cure. The Dr. seems to like a cloud of serecy around him. I've fasted for 3 days straight now. Mostly on my own anticipating these tests.
Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Retired andLoveIt wrote:
I have the procedure this morning. I called a old neighbor and he has the week off from work and will come get camper when I'm ready. Park rangers says not a problem staying over the 14 day limit. We won't know until after the procedure whether stents will do the job or bypass. I had a fairly damaging heart attack 13 years ago so I am expecting the worse scenario. I feel good right now.

Prayers sent. Bless you.

Retired_andLove
Explorer
Explorer
I have the procedure this morning. I called a old neighbor and he has the week off from work and will come get camper when I'm ready. Park rangers says not a problem staying over the 14 day limit. We won't know until after the procedure whether stents will do the job or bypass. I had a fairly damaging heart attack 13 years ago so I am expecting the worse scenario. I feel good right now.
Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
YOU stay in hospital!!

Where is trailer? How far to your home form CG?

Lots of folks here at Open Roads......bet somebody is close.

Listen to the DOC!!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Do not leave the hospital and try to drive! We had to cut our last trip short and head to Florida for our daughter's medical problems in October last year. Right after Thanksgiving my husband had his first "indigestion" pain. They started the testing but found no evidence of a heart attack or blockage until the nuclear stress test. They then did the heart cath and had planned on stents but found that stents wouldn't work where the blockages were. Scheduled his heart surgery January 23rd and sent him home with nitro. 2 "indigestion" pains within 2 days and the 2nd time his chest was "quivering" They admitted him on Sunday January 11th and the heart surgeon asked about his last episode. When he heard that his chest was "quivering" the surgeon immediately moved the surgery up 10 days. He said "I want tests done Monday and I want the surgery ASAP. He said that so far my husband had not had a heart attack and a heart attack is a game changer as it damages the heart. What scares me is that he could have had a heart attack while we were camping or worse yet driving the RV! There are people on this forum that will help you wife get the RV home. Please reach out to them. Where are you located now? Where is home?
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

PapaNIes60
Explorer
Explorer
Hope all will work out for you. Your story serves as a reminder to all to have plans when things like this happen. God's speed.

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Please, do what the doctor recommends-Don't worry about the dam RV. That situation will work out-You need to worry about you! Chest pains are a warning of a possible heart attack. What happens if you're behind the wheel?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
are you close to Shreveport if so I might can help