cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

best stuff to protect carpet?

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Our new 5er has light tan carpet in part of the living area. I'm thinking I going to need some stain guard. Whats everyone using??
I'd like to say the dogs will be the ones to make a mess, but it's really me the carpet needs protecting from.:B
6 REPLIES 6

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
dons2346 wrote:
We were told by a carpet salesman that the worst thing you can do to carpet is to run around bare footed. Seems the oils on your feet rub off on the carpet and then makes the dirt stick.

Best thing to do is have a set of "in house" slippers to wear or do like us and keep your shoes on. We do have a mat outside and another piece of throw away carpet just inside the door.

I believe that - I've seen the evidence.
We always have socks or slippers on.

TomB_
Explorer
Explorer
Last October when we bought our 99 Adventurer the carpet had a plastic adhesive film on it & the carpet looked brand new. The dealer didn't apply it as it arrived the same day as a trade in for a new coach. Our salesman just happened to show us the coach just to get an idea of what we wanted. The dealer's son told us that the coach we bought was the quickest turn around they have ever had....
So to answer your question, go to U-Haul & check out the plastic carpet protector.

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
I always have my shoes on inside and I have replaced a lot of carpet with laminate.
cpaulsen

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
We were told by a carpet salesman that the worst thing you can do to carpet is to run around bare footed. Seems the oils on your feet rub off on the carpet and then makes the dirt stick.

Best thing to do is have a set of "in house" slippers to wear or do like us and keep your shoes on. We do have a mat outside and another piece of throw away carpet just inside the door.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Dakota98 wrote:
Your new 5'r doesn't have a toilet ? :B

I actually had to LOL on that one.

We slip our shoes off inside the trailer. Carpet still looks like new.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Your new 5'r doesn't have a toilet ? :B
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74