cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best time to buy an RV?

vanvoast
Explorer
Explorer
I plan to buy a 2015 Spree Connect C232IKS travel trailer sometime in the future.
I live in PA and am not in a hurry.
Price wise, what is the best month of the year to buy one and get the best price.
In other words... When do dealers put their inventory on "clearance"? End of summer, end of the month, end of the year, January after a good snow story? (I do not have an RV to trade in)
Has anyone in this forum worked for a dealer and have the answer?
Thankz!
Joe
18 REPLIES 18

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
When to buy is when no one else is buying, usually over the winter. The best time to sell is of a spring when everyone wants to buy.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our last 2 trailers in January. The dealers seemed a little hungry.....
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I'm in the mid Atlantic and December,January has become my preferred time to buy. Do your research prior. Know exactly what you want and order it. May take a couple of months to arrive but you will get a good price and have the dealers undivided attention since sales are slow and not many people are buying that time of year.
Don't play games in terms of decision making and commitment let the dealer know you are ready to pull the trigger. ....Be ready to pull it all research should be complete at this point!
You can also get good deals buying off the lot during the winter months but selection maybe limited
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a lot more to consider than just price. Price wise, now is probably the worst time to buy as there is a huge demand and dealers can command best prices for high demand models. The best time to buy price wise is when nobody else is buying. That would be after the summer season has ended and they are looking at flooring anything that hasn't sold over the winter. Lots of folks swear that the best time to buy is at RV shows but I think it is better to wait until there isn't a lineup waiting for a salesman to come take your money.

The downside is inventory. In the fall, most dealers will only have the models that everyone else looked at and passed up. If you can find what you want, this may work in your favor. The best time for inventory is in the spring when the new year's models hit the showrooms. You might find a dealer who is willing to order one for you but at that point, he'll make you a better deal on one he has in stock.

Disclaimer, I never worked for a dealer but I have been worked BY a dealer.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!