cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Vacuum Cleaner Ever

Lakelady48
Explorer
Explorer
We have a small travel trailer with just a couple of scatter rugs. But we also have one black dog and a white dog who both shed like crazy. In an effort to go small and light, I foolishly thought a small shop vac was all I needed for a couple months of Snowbirding. Silly me, not what shop vacs are made for and it picked up NO dog hair.

Months ago I had seen an infomercial for a Shark Rocket, and after reading reviews, I bought one locally. I love it so much that I use it every day. It's so light, compact to use and store, and picks up a huge wad of hair every time. Lookng forward to using it at home too. I got exhausted dragging around my heavy cannister vac, so I would put off vacuuming for way too long. Lots of people who own Dysons say they actually like the Rocket better.

My friends and family are sick of hearing how much I love my vacuum, so now I have to tell strangers, LOL!
2007 Chevy Silverado
2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 24RBS
22 REPLIES 22

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, Ok. So I went out and got a Shark Rocket today. WOW. I'm impressed. I haven't used it much yet, but it did a great job on the hardwood and the carpet in the office (3rd bedroom). Very easy to use and like the "snap apart" plan so as to use it as a hand vac. Gonna give it a try in truck tomorrow. Thanks for the "heads up".
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
We are definitely not vacuum poor. We have a Dyson at the office and upstairs at home. A Rainbow and a Shark Navigator Lift Away downstairs and some cheesy stick vac that needs replacing in the FW. My Rainbow was my favorite vacuum for years until we replaced all the carpet with hardwood floors last year and now it just seems to be too much trouble to deal with. It is much easier for me to just grab the Shark and clean. It also has the hard floor dust attachment which I love. The Dyson is great but occasionally the fittings on either side will come loose and it will lose suction. If it ever seems to not be picking up well, I just reach down and secure all the fittings. Then it will suck the flooring off the concrete if not careful. I have been considering replacing the crappy stick vac in the FW with the Shark Rocket. Glad to hear someone say something about it.
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Some have said it's awkward to hold with the motor so close to your upper body.

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
We got fed up of humping a big heavy (about 22 pounds) Royal vac around the S&B. We checked Consumer Reports then went to a local store and bought a Riccar Supralite. It weighs about 8 pounds and could probably hold itself against the ceiling with its suction. It's US made, too - another plus. We're so pleased with it (after 4 years), we take it along in the MH.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
my toys wrote:
We have the shark navigator. LOVE IT! Very powerful.

Actually I think that's the model we have. It does lift off the brush assembly if you want. It does steer the brushes by rotating handle. My wife hated the Dyson because it never seemed to pick up the smallest piece of lint of the carpet. You could go over 20 times and it was still there. I don't think the brush assembly adjusted very well to different levels of carpet or from bare to carpet.

my_toys
Explorer
Explorer
We have the shark navigator. LOVE IT! Very powerful.
2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Nancy-USAF Veteran; Dear Hubby Joe-USAF Retired

Why do we have to push 1 for English?

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Luke Porter wrote:
Small...Light...Cordless...http://www.dyson.com/Vacuums/Cordless/DC44/DC44-Animal.aspx

...and more than twice the price. My sister has one and the battery doesn't hold up that long. Okay for bar floors but not so great on carpet.

Funny, my wife was looking through the newspaper ads this morning and said "This looks like a good vacuum for the MH." It was the Shark Rocket. We have a Shark Pro Lift Away in the house. Had a Dyson for a few years, never thought it lived up to their claims, it's been retired now. The Shark cleans better, it's lighter, the canister lifts off the brush so you can do stairs. All around a lot better than the Dyson, not sure of the model, it's the yellow one.

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is not on the forum.
Big Bird 2

Redsky
Explorer
Explorer
Time to get a hobby.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
big bird 2 wrote:

A good wife. But if she is not treated well, she can be hell on wheels.

Would that make her ....."Sharklady48"..??.:h

~

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
Small...Light...Cordless...http://www.dyson.com/Vacuums/Cordless/DC44/DC44-Animal.aspx
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
A good wife. But if she is not treated well, she can be hell on wheels.

A happy husband.
Big Bird 2

Lakelady48
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shark-Rocket-NLS-Upright-Bagless-Vacuum-Cleaner-HV300/28919227

This is the model I bought.
2007 Chevy Silverado
2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 24RBS

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
LakeLady,
The wife just invited you over. She said you can do all the vacuuming you want ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"