cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Beacon Truck Wash - Procedural Question

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to be "that RV guy" that gets the truckers in an uproar, so I was wondering if anyone that has used that service can fill me in on the process. Do I pay for the wash before getting in line? Do I stay in my TV while the wash is being done? Any other tips?
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH
23 REPLIES 23

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! I'm going to one Friday and will let you know how it goes.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

motorhomi
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Blue Beacon many times and have always been satisfied. My son-in-law manages a professional race team and they always send their trucks thru a Blue Becon on the way to the track. If you have ever seen any of those team trucks they are all shinny and polished like new. If it works for them it works for us, never any damage.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Most of those places, they know what they are doing, and are careful about damage. They deal daily with some of the pickiest drivers on the road. And you don't want a single bad word from any of them!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Blue Beacons are hand wash, with power sprayers. Had ours done in Knoxville after time at ocean, wanted to get all sale spray off and underwash. Pulled into bay with toad attached, was asked "toad also" to which I replied yes. Great job at a fair price. BTW, it was recommended by my daughter, who is an OTR trucker. Belive me, if the job satisfies them, you can depend on it. One PICKY bunch of folks behind those big wheels!

OTR truckers picky yes, but their rigs are a little less "fragile" on the sides and top ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the info
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, get the rainx treatment, its worth it.

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Beacons are hand wash, with power sprayers. Had ours done in Knoxville after time at ocean, wanted to get all sale spray off and underwash. Pulled into bay with toad attached, was asked "toad also" to which I replied yes. Great job at a fair price. BTW, it was recommended by my daughter, who is an OTR trucker. Belive me, if the job satisfies them, you can depend on it. One PICKY bunch of folks behind those big wheels!

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
So is this a "hand wash" no machines ?? (other than maybe power washer)

I worry about the roughness of this kinda thing... are they gunna knock my rain gutter spouts off, Damage decals, awnings etc.

Thanks
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
Just used their services in July 2015 in Lodi, California. Awesome job and I would do it again...we pulled into the wash bay and I went in and paid. I then went inside and had breakfast and once they were done, about 20 minutes off we went.

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
You pull up to the entrance and someone will direct you (and probably try to sell services that you may or may not want). You will probably pay while they are washing the coach, but are always welcome to be in the bay during the process.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad