cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boycott Walmart in Seguin TX

writerwithwheel
Explorer
Explorer
I have been drycamping various places in and around Seguin. after hassles with 18 wheelers in many of the locations, the local police suggested I park at Walmart.

I have been parking with NO NOISE, NO GENERATOR, NO SLIDEOUTS,
NO FURNITURE, NO AWNING.

Yesterday one of their employees got in my face because I have been there EVERY NIGHT. Me and several others who are unemployed, homeless
or just can't find housing in this toilet of a town.

I have also been spending virtually all of my cash and now Food Stamps
at Walmart.

Today, I move and all spending stops. I would appreciate you joining in my boycott. An average of 4-6 RV's a night stop at this location.

In fact, I will encourage you to Boycott Walmart PERIOD. NATIONWIDE.

Help me teach them a valuable economic lesson.
103 REPLIES 103

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

Teach yourself first. You bought a MH cash. You were not stuck-you refused to sell it. Not once did you mention going to the BBB or other such agency. You expected you could live for free somewhere. That's not how life works. You said you were already a full-timer. Did you expect you could stay on the road without a source of income? What REALLY happened at Wal-Mart that you want to get revenge for? You are just plain wrong.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Cat Lady wrote:
Mama used to tell me that fish and company get old after three days.

:B:B:B

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Nonsense! Walmart is operating a retail store and they graciously allow RVers to sleep overnight in the lot. They are not operating a campground or a charity, you overstayed your welcome, move on down the road to a town that is not a "toilet". Your words, not mine.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I cant knock Walmart questioning your stay. If a location has a problem with homeless and vagrancy causing safety concerns for their customers they should press the ones abusing the companies generosity. And while you may be a person just needing short term parking until a temporary problem is taken care of, how can they push the others out who may well have caused problems and been abusive without also forcing you to move?

And the childish "I'm gonna take my money and food stamps somewhere else" is your choice, but I will ask, Why did you spend them there before? If the answer is that the money went further there than it would someplace else, isn't taking your toys and going home going to hurt you much more than them?

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer
BizmarksMom wrote:
Walmart is kind enough to let travelers park for a few hours for free so they can get some rest before continuing on. They are not a permanent residence, nor have they ever intended to be.

You abused their kindness and overstayed your welcome. If jobs are that hard to come by in the town you're in, perhaps you need to roll your home to where jobs are more plentiful.

X2 This says it all very well. Besides calling for a boycott of a business on this site is, I think, against the rules. Wal Mart is a great resource for those of us who don't abuse it.

I think their actions were aimed at keeping the place open for those that dont abuse it.

But to those who have berated the OP for various reasons should remember we don't know what his/her circumstances really are nor do we know whether those circumstances are even of his/her own doing. But we do know what was written. That should really be the focus not the person.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
writerwithwheels wrote:
I have been drycamping various places in and around Seguin. after hassles with 18 wheelers in many of the locations, the local police suggested I park at Walmart.

I have been parking with NO NOISE, NO GENERATOR, NO SLIDEOUTS,
NO FURNITURE, NO AWNING.

Yesterday one of their employees got in my face because I have been there EVERY NIGHT. Me and several others who are unemployed, homeless
or just can't find housing in this toilet of a town.

I have also been spending virtually all of my cash and now Food Stamps
at Walmart.

Today, I move and all spending stops. I would appreciate you joining in my boycott. An average of 4-6 RV's a night stop at this location.

In fact, I will encourage you to Boycott Walmart PERIOD. NATIONWIDE.

I originally thought this was a troll. After reading the OP's first post, furnished by Mortimer Brewster, I have a much better understanding. :E

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think this is not a case of "plight." It's more of a lifestyle choice. If you're interested, here is writerwithwheels' first post on the forum. He bought a 10 year old RV As Is, and was unhappy with General RV and Forest River for not standing behind it. I have no sympathy for him. His plight is the taxpayer's blight.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

drmopar
Explorer
Explorer
With all due respect-you have a computer/phone, an RV, etc. How about taking some education courses online to get a job? Must be nice to have food stamps and whatever else you get for free. WalMart has a business to run. Maybe sweep the parking lot for them? My Dad always said "No free lunch" Move on and get a job. How do you afford an RV, Computer/Phone, Chairs, BBQ? Just saying.

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Mama used to tell me that fish and company get old after three days.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about your plight: Maybe this solution for a starter.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
YUP!!

the freeloaders is why places are more apt to stop the true overnight, 4-5 hr stop to rest on their property. Life is a biotch and everyone knows that but it doesn't take much to ruin it for all who do not abuse.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey I have a great idea.
1) Apply to work at that Walmart as a greeter
2) Apply to McDonald's for a job.
3) Leave those town folks alone. There must be fifty ways to leave that city. Choose one if you are not happy

To the rest of us. Please take a moment to email Walmart using
http://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us

Tell Walmart we support their decision to make a Freeloader that is abusing the system move on. Also tell them you appreciate the courtesies extended by Walmart when you stop enroute to your destination.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been there, done that,.......but, for 2 nights only. I like fishing the Guadalupe river.
I appreciate the welcome mat at Walmart.
I'm sorry you have fallen on hard times.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Bet money that if i went into that Walmart your application would not be on file.
Dennis Hoppert

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can't 'live' full time on someone else's property. be it parking lot owned by Walmart or my front yard ๐Ÿ™‚

sorry for your situation but you have to realize you are in the wrong on this.
NO ONE has to accomodate you at all. it is up to you to find suitable, legal housing for yourself.

I am not sure if troll or not on this one?