cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

buyer beware

sarahm
Explorer
Explorer
Beware of buying anything from Walmart online. Walmart has been trying to compete w/ Amazon by offering great deals online. Many of these "deals" do not exist. I tried to order generator twice. Both times the generator never came. When I called Walmart about orders. I was told there was a "processing" error, and I need to reorder. The third time I tried to order gen it came-up as $118.00 more than I paid for the last two times I ordered the gen. Walmart will not honor cheaper price on gen. Even though orders were cancelled by them. I have complained to BBB. If the price is too good to be true, or your order is "processing" for more than 2 days. Than its a fake ad. Giving everyone heads-up.
26 REPLIES 26

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Funny thing with my local Walmart - their in-store prices are usually lower than online prices.

Whenever I order anything online, I always print out a receipt. Sometimes I just "print screen" if there is not print option for the receipt. I will go to my grave not trusting the "cloud"!

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
I've had more problems ordering from Amazon than Wal-Mart. But then again, its like 100 to 1 in favor of Amazon LOL

Tried to buy a hitch from Amazon a while back, and there was an order problem...lost in transit. Went through the re-order process and this time there was also a problem...damaged in transit. Amazon gave me no hassles and they removed the item from their website. Both times it was ordered from Amazon direct (not 3rd party). Ended up ordering a different hitch and got it without issue. A few months later I wanted to buy the same original hitch for my other truck and did so without issue.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My wife orders many things from WallMart on-line. We've had problems only 1 time. We were able to cancel the order, got money reapplied to our Credit Card, and all was well.

The thing that we really like about WallMart on-line is the ability to buy birthday and Christmas gifts for our 4 grandchildren living in Kansas City, Missouri and we live near Anderson, Indiana. We can buy the item on-line and have it shipped to their house, or if it's a bigger item, they can pick it up at the closest WallMart store. We've been doing this for several years now. Only once did we have an item get lost and it never showed up. It was suppose to be shipped to OUR closes store, and it never arrived. Thank goodness we had it shipped to the store where we had 100% accurate accounting that it never showed up there. To this day, it's still missing. We think the delivery driver might have taken it, and it was then racked up to simply ... lost! We'll never know.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Just look at window ac units on line at Walmart. They will have the same unit listed 'several' times and each one is a different price.

At the walmart in my town they will NOT match their on line prices. Online is online and on the shelf is on the shelf prices. Funny they honor matching competitors pricing but not their own. :R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I have not ordered a genny from Walmart online but have ordered maybe 10 / 15 other items, most for store pickup. I have been very pleased with the results. Their website is slow and needs work, and like someone said some items come from third parties. They are now offering a discount if you pick up in the store. It seems my GF and I are there every other day so that is not a problem.

I ordered two pair of jeans once and they only had one pair in Ark. center. They sent the other pair from Las Vegas and they both arrived the same day. Not very economical for them but good for me.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
sarahm wrote:
Beware of buying anything from Walmart online. Walmart has been trying to compete w/ Amazon by offering great deals online. Many of these "deals" do not exist. I tried to order generator twice. Both times the generator never came. When I called Walmart about orders. I was told there was a "processing" error, and I need to reorder. The third time I tried to order gen it came-up as $118.00 more than I paid for the last two times I ordered the gen. Walmart will not honor cheaper price on gen. Even though orders were cancelled by them. I have complained to BBB. If the price is too good to be true, or your order is "processing" for more than 2 days. Than its a fake ad. Giving everyone heads-up.

Walmart allows third party sellers to advertise on their site. Guess what, so does Amazon.

I have placed many orders with both Walmart and Amazon without a bit of trouble. I believe your experience is a rarity and should not result in a condemnation of the company's practices.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Many items are sold thru Walmart on line but the actual order goes thru a 3rd party selling thru that site. Common practice for stores doing on line sales such as Best Buy and other large stores. I have bought a number of items from Walmart on line and so far I have never had a problem.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When I show Wal-Mart their price on line, they price match it in the store. On line doesn't work that good if you want to touch it before you buy.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Seriously? They screwed it up twice and you ordered a third time :?

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Yea I have experienced this in several places. Nothing new.
Not just WM.

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart knows their online experience needs work. That's why they bought Jet.com.

When Walmart fully integrates their business model-they will be able to fully compete with Amazon.

The above posters are probably correct-you are experiencing issues by third party sellers-NOT Walmart.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
sarahm wrote:

In much of what they do, Helmart in their mad scramble to keep up with Amazon, allow third tier sellers to list under the Helmart website. You have no doubt just seen it.
Go back, look at the ad, does it say "sold by" somewhere on the listing?
Welcome to the post Amazon apocalypse.