cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camco Tri-Leveler or Camco Curved Leveler?

Surgtech94
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at some levelers. The most popular user friendly seem to be either the Camco Tri-Leveler or Curved Leveler? Any recommendations for a dual axle 25ft TT? Thank you in advance
10 REPLIES 10

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Add Andersen levelers to your list Clicky

Not a chance! those have a reputation of breaking and simply don't look safe. Plywood blocks are much better IMHO.

I've been using mine for 4 years now under 12,000lbs of 5th wheel with no problems.
I believe they had a bad batch of plastic at one time and got a bad rap from that.
I like them as getting level is much quicker with them than it was with boards or lynx levelers.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

KMLsquared
Explorer
Explorer
I have one Andersen leveler someone can have.
2002 Doge RAM LB QC 4x4 HO 6spd
2003 Rampage 33TB
2007 CRF80F
2006 TTR50E
2004 CRF70
2002 TTR125L
2002 Banshee
1969 Baja Bug

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get a Laser Level and set your RV perfectly level by adjusting the frame so all four corners of the bottom of the frame are the same distance to the Lasers line. Now adhere levels like pictured above in the "LEVEL" position. Even with my 6 point system I check my little levels to manually adjust my RV when I am still hooked to the truck.

MUCH more accurate than the big bearing in the curved tube!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
schlep1967 wrote:

Not a chance! those have a reputation of breaking and simply don't look safe. Plywood blocks are much better IMHO.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Gdetrailer wrote:
Neither.

Those are solutions looking for a problem and I can't see any way you can use wheel chocks to hold the wheels in place (pretty dangerous) with those devices.

Not to mention you really want both axles to be lifted at the same time.

You obviously don't know anything about the Andersen Levelers. Once you pull the tire up on the rounded leveler, you put a chock under the narrow end. Basically putting the tire in a cradle. You then also chock the other side.
And lifting both axles at the same time really doesn't matter. You probably don't want to lift one 6 inches with out lifting the other but lifting the 4 inch height of one of the levelers will not hurt anything. And quite often if I am only off one to two inches or so I will use only one leveler.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Anderson Levelers and am happy with them.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Surgtech94
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
I use these when needed.
https://www.beech-lane.com/camper-levelers
So far they've been great. I don't use then all the time though. Sometimes I just use one Linx block under one tire. That gives me 3/4" lift to that side. I use X chocks with the Linx.

I also have the Level Mate Pro. Once I'm backed in I can see what side needs to go up and exactly how much and which device I need for leveling. It also give me a recall height for hitching back up and I can set front to back for level.
I sit in the truck and while backing up can see the App readout to determine when it level. 20-30 secs is all thats needed.

The nice thing about the curved levelers is you get several inches of adjustment all in one vs packing a bunch of different height wood.

Or you can go old school if in the dirt and just dig down in the dirt for the high side.

Going old school. Lol. It definitely would work.
That LevelMatePro looks awesome. Iโ€™m going get one probably not till next year.
Thank you for the information

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I use these when needed.
https://www.beech-lane.com/camper-levelers
So far they've been great. I don't use then all the time though. Sometimes I just use one Linx block under one tire. That gives me 3/4" lift to that side. I use X chocks with the Linx.

I also have the Level Mate Pro. Once I'm backed in I can see what side needs to go up and exactly how much and which device I need for leveling. It also give me a recall height for hitching back up and I can set front to back for level.
I sit in the truck and while backing up can see the App readout to determine when it level. 20-30 secs is all thats needed.

The nice thing about the curved levelers is you get several inches of adjustment all in one vs packing a bunch of different height wood.

Or you can go old school if in the dirt and just dig down in the dirt for the high side.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Neither.

Those are solutions looking for a problem and I can't see any way you can use wheel chocks to hold the wheels in place (pretty dangerous) with those devices.

Not to mention you really want both axles to be lifted at the same time.

Get yourself a treated 2x8 by 8ft or 2x10 by 8ft.

Cut it in half, you now have 2 4ft "levelers".

A 2x? is 1.5" thick, giving you in one single board a 1.5" lift.

Stack a second board on top of first and you now have 3" lift.

Any more lift needed and you might wish to reconsider your site..

For lift under 1.5" you can buy treated "5/4" board for decking which is about 1" thick.

The second board can be cut a bit shorter than the first to allow easy on/off.

If boards want to shift around you could drill a couple of holes through the boards and then use wooden dowel rods to act as pegs.

When you have your trailer positioned where you want it, pull forward the length of the wood you have, place your board behind the rear axle and then backup onto the board.

If you add a miter to the edges you can make it easy to drive onto the board.

I use wood boards all the time, treated lumber will last as long if not longer than plastic lifters and I also am able to use plain wedge style wheel chocks on the boards.

To help even further, there are levels which show in inches how far out of level you are..

Heck if your really wanted to go crazy on accuracy you can also find Apps for your phone that can help determine the exact lift you need..

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad