cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camp stove

poprams
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new StarCraft Satlite and it has a gas connection on the back. My question is there a fitting or something that I can get that I can hook Coleman camp stove to it. I have tried to use the fitting that hooks the l-p bottle but it is for high pressure and it is low pressure comeing out of the trailer
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are ways to modify the stove to use the low pressure fitting in most cases (not all) epically if the regulator is removable. HOWEVER I can not tell you how to do it (Model specific)

The only model I know well enough to advise. I would NOT suggest you buy (I have one you see).

Also the fitting may be hard to find (Coupler)

Better to go with the current equivalent of the "Extend-a-flow" This was one of two adapters for the HIGH PRESSURE side of the propane system that I used to use when I had a trailer.. The other one (Extend-a-stay, now called Stay-a-while as I recall) I now use with my Class A Both work well and use the Grill's bulit in regulator. Marshall Brass made the "Extend-a- models" but they stopped making them near as I can tell.. Still in business, just not those adapters.

Mr. Heater I think is the "Stay-a-while" But if you go to a RV store and ask an employee over 30 for the "Extend-a-flow" he will likely know.. I may have to add a decade though.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
You can use just about any camp stove you want as long as you can remove the high pressure regulator and have a connection for adding a hose, just make sure the connection is low pressure on the RV.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
jeomelia wrote:
look at the CampChef 14" & 16" stoves can be set up to operate off the RV LP gas. Had one w/ grill box and flat top it was great, but now in a class B out camping style had to change

x2, thats what I have now. You simply unscrew the regulator hose from the Camp Chef, and screw in a quick disconnect fitting. Get a hose of desired length with disconnects on each end and your all set.
Save you OEM regulator hose in case you need to switch back.

jeomelia
Explorer
Explorer
look at the CampChef 14" & 16" stoves can be set up to operate off the RV LP gas. Had one w/ grill box and flat top it was great, but now in a class B out camping style had to change
1999 Dodge 2500 QuadCab Diesel
2005 Desert Fox 28KS
BrakeSmart
1992 Roadtrek Dodge Versatile
'...traveled the same road as many..."

MrWizard
The Coleman used a throw away bottle high pressure
It won't work very well on low pressure

There are regulators that go from high pressure to low

But Nothing that goes from low pressure to high pressure

You will need to find a different stove
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
No. You need to buy a stove to work on low pressure. Some have tried with mixed success to make a low pressure setup. Basically the low pressure models dont work very well.