cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camper of Your Dreams?

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Okay....fess up. Have you ever had dreams about your former camper(s)?

Twice in the past week or so I have dreamed of my old TC which I haven't had for about 25 years.

Weird or what?
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!
15 REPLIES 15

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Dream big, eh?
It's his Super Power!

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camper of my dream is to drive a 1965 Corvette to the campsite. Arrive and open the hatch to reveal a 30+' motor home/trailer set up, leveled and powered up with a 4X4 Jeep next to it. But until I can figure that out my SportsMobile B will due just fine.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
That is quite some TC, Seaeagle2!

My truck was similar...only without the extended cab. Red and silver (and two gas tanks, like yours). The TC was white with brown and orange decals. A really horrible color combination, but I thought it was the best looking rig on the road!

The front window curtains were too short and the bottom "spring rod" was missing. If the curtains weren't tucked under the mattress just right, there was a good chance the neighbors would get "mooned" in the morning.

It was quite an attention getter. But not nearly so much as yours! Wow! That TC is awesome!!
It's his Super Power!

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
I daydream about my 77 F250 and 68 Kampking TC, 460, 4 barrel, 2 20 gallon gas tanks, with the camper special package, it got 6 mpg with the camper, and 6 mpg without the camper, I could pull Snoqualmie Pass at 60 mph, but I had to stop in Ellensburg to fuel up.

2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
PUCampin wrote:
There is a particular smell of campfire smoke and canvas that when I occasionally get a whiff of it will instantly and vividly bring those memories back

Boy you hit the nail on the head. My parents had this old canvas tent with wooden poles and took forever to set up. we would take it on fishing trips. I loved that time in life. Thank you for the reminder.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gjac wrote:
I had a black 1954 Ford convertible with a white top and a 312 eng bored out to 326 that I flip over and was totaled, and for 30 years I had a recurring dream that I walked into an old barn and under a white canvas cover was my Ford up on blocks and looking brand new. I used to think it strange but after reading about your dreams I no longer think it strange.
I have had a similar dream about walking into my garage and finding my old El Camino SS there.

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
I have had dreams of my childhood camper, my parents owned a 72 VW Westfalia, and we crossed the country in in more than once. There is a particular smell of campfire smoke and canvas that when I occasionally get a whiff of it will instantly and vividly bring those memories back (I slept in the canvas pop top). Those early childhood years were the best.
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a black 1954 Ford convertible with a white top and a 312 eng bored out to 326 that I flip over and was totaled, and for 30 years I had a recurring dream that I walked into an old barn and under a white canvas cover was my Ford up on blocks and looking brand new. I used to think it strange but after reading about your dreams I no longer think it strange.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Not my camper or previous ones, but a tent I bought while stationed in Europe and camped all.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
No dreams but sometimes reminisce and miss the little 17 foot Prowler travel trailer we had as a young family,30 years ago.

We towed that thing everywhere, and made some great memories.

Many things were simpler back then.
How true. We often reminisce about our wonderful tent camping days. Fond memories live on! We progressed from a tent, pop-up, to a 24' TT. At the same time we progressed from one or two weeks vacation trips to eight or more weeks long excursions. From working years to our present retirement years. All wonderful times. :B
Thank God for life's simple pleasures. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't dream about my first RV (a Class B Roadtrek). I have nightmares. For starters, it was on a Dodge Chassis and severely underpowered or overweight - your choice. On a 3 degree grade, the speed control would just shut off. Annoying, but not a show stopper. Then, while under warranty, there was a recall, due to a bad U-Joint on the drive shaft. But the water tank was mounted below the drive shaft. The authorized Dodge service facility would fix it, but not pay to have the water tank dropped. (Aftermarket add-on). And Roadtrek wouldn't pay because nothing they added was broken. So I paid. And then traded it for my current Fleetwood 'C', which has only needed normal maintenance for 10 years.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:

Maybe that's it. I have been thinking a lot lately about how simple it used to be to "just go" whenever I wanted and had time.

Love our Phaeton, but it really is NOT a one-person proposition...at least not for me at present.
It's his Super Power!

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I think about our first Class C quite often. We kept it for 21 years and visited 47 states in it. Oh....What memories.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
No dreams but sometimes reminisce and miss the little 17 foot Prowler travel trailer we had as a young family,30 years ago.

We towed that thing everywhere, and made some great memories.

Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006