cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping Season

kedanie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, camping season must be close. It's starting to warm up here and the Juniper plants are pollinating the air making my eyes itch and nose run.

First trip is 2 weeks away!

Keith
Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran
10 REPLIES 10

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
kedanie wrote:
Well, camping season must be close. It's starting to warm up here and the Juniper plants are pollinating the air making my eyes itch and nose run.

Can't tell here yet. All of our plants are still buried under about 6" of snow. ๐Ÿ™‚
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
Here in Texas, camping season goes from September to May. The summer is just too hot to really camp unless one is using electric or doesn't mind running the generator and A/C from 10:00 in the morning until 8:00 at night.

That I why we go north in the summer, as close to the
Southern part of the Canadian border, course we "Fulltime""NO S&B"!

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
Well, camping season won't begin anytime soon around here. We are getting another 6-8 inches of snow today/tonight, on top the the several feet of snow already on the ground. As a matter of fact, i talked with the guy this morning where our camper is stored, and he laughed that even if we could get it out of his open front pole barn, the deer might not be happy with us all. The darned deer have taken to sleeping between his tractor and the camper, helping themselves to the hay also stored in the barn. Winter food for the deer this year in our area has become a real challenge due to the snow depths.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
-- snip --
I have a slightly different camping season

Starts on Jan-1 and ends on 12/31 every year, Strangely .. at the exact same second. when one turns into the other, Happy new camping season.

Ditto.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Texas, camping season goes from September to May. The summer is just too hot to really camp unless one is using electric or doesn't mind running the generator and A/C from 10:00 in the morning until 8:00 at night.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Our goal this year is to try and go every month. So far we made it out in Jan and have a spot reserved for this upcoming weekend. Plus our normal spring-fall camping we are booked solid. Usually we close things up from Nov to April. But there's seems to be enough decent weekends to head to the coast once a month.

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it has been in the 70s in Las Cruces for about a week now often upper 70s. We have been in Tucson for a few days & it has been in the 80s here a few days. Very Spring like weather.

White Wing Doves are starting their mating rituals as well in Cruces & the pollen has started as well. Sadly the Windy Cycles seem to be starting as well. But the High Pressure which is heating us up is also keeping the wind down as well. Once it moves off, the Wind will be coming in waves about once a week again.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
Summer is the worse time here! Too Hot! We always go around Thanksgiving or Christmas! And of course Fall and Spring are great!
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Our camping season is generally May to October. If we lived down south I guess we would camp year round. Not sure of the seasons where you are but I wish I could camp in 2 weeks.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gee, as a Retired Police Dispatcher I have a slightly different campign season

Starts on Jan-1 and ends on 12/31 every year, Strangely .. at the exact same second. when one turns into the other, Happy new camping season.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times