Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CDC and the government may be loosening the lockdown

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
News

The states still control this tho but I would expect a lot of states to follow the suggestions. Not the Plague Centers tho. So maybe we will be able to RV again.

We are going out to find some cotton material that can be used to make washable masks. They recommend the stuff like tee shirts are made of. 6 or 8 layers. It will not stop viruses but will stop spray from coughs and sneezes.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
146 REPLIES 146

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
"Open or closed, either way lives are at stake."

^^^ A factor that is often left out of the discussion. The magical printing press that pays unemployment (and also pays for public health agencies) will run out at some point. Blithely assuming that there are no impacts from killing an economy by government fiat is misguided at best.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œRelaxing controls now is the worst thing we can do.โ€

Sinterior, I agree.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
News

The states still control this tho but I would expect a lot of states to follow the suggestions. Not the Plague Centers tho. So maybe we will be able to RV again.

We are going out to find some cotton material that can be used to make washable masks. They recommend the stuff like tee shirts are made of. 6 or 8 layers. It will not stop viruses but will stop spray from coughs and sneezes.

That's a shame some areas are considering loosening the rules. This virus hasn't peaked yet. Those areas that decide to go against the professionals advice are playing with lives.

Why are all the news agencies reporting that is has peaked then? Do you have information they donโ€™t have access to? New hospitalizations are down in NY, the epicenter. The death toll will rise as it lags hospitalization but the new infection and admission rate is going down.

Open or closed, either way lives are at stake.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Son of Norway wrote:
Put a layer of a HEPA vacuum cleaner bag in the mask you make. Rated to 3 microns. Will give additional protection if you can get a good seal around the face.

That's a great idea, but don't forget eye protection. It transmits through your eye very easily. Swimmers googles, face shield, whatever you have is better than nothing.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Sinterior
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
News

No offense but, those kinds of masks to me sound like having a peeing section in a swimming pool. A virus is a virus, coughs and sneezes or not, it spreads.

This thing is GLOBAL, not regionally restricted.

Relaxing controls now is the worst thing we can do.
Pete, Terry (Teresa) & Cira, 12lb furbag ๐Ÿ™‚

2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ
2017 Chev Equinox V6 AWD
Blue Ox Avail
Patriot II Braking system
Garmin dezl 560LMT

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every job is critical to somebody. One could say a grocery store is a critical store/service but McDonalds is not. How is a liquor store a critical job? How is a golf course a critical job. For the people who work there all of them are.

Sure if the job entails one person putting their hands on another and not for medical reasons, perhaps they should remain closed. But even then if one follows the hygiene rules it can be done safely.

Past time to take a look at how a business can remain OPEN versus shutting them down. No reason a state park has to shut down for all activities. Got a fully self contained RV, donโ€™t need to use the public restrooms, buy junk from the store? You should be able to occupy a campsite.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
News

That's a shame some areas are considering loosening the rules. This virus hasn't peaked yet. Those areas that decide to go against the professionals advice are playing with lives.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Son of Norway wrote:
Put a layer of a HEPA vacuum cleaner bag in the mask you make. Rated to 3 microns. Will give additional protection if you can get a good seal around the face.

Now that's a good idea. I thought about using some of that a/c or furnace filters that they sell.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
azrving wrote:
The effort is purportedly an effort to get employees of critical jobs back to work

Employees of critical jobs ARE WORKING. !!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
The effort is purportedly an effort to get employees of critical jobs back to work

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Possible CDC recommendation to loosen the guidelines makes me nervous.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO