cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cordless blowers

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Anyone carry around a compact cordless rechargeable blower for blowing off camper roof, campsite pad, etc.? Which one, do you like it, where did you get it? We are shopping for one that we could also use at our small home blowing off deck, carport, a few leaves. THX
27 REPLIES 27

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
I think you'll be happy. I'll admit I was slow to get on the electric yard tool bandwagon, but when my push mower died (deck rusted through), I decided to go electric since the area I have to mow with the push mower is small). I have the Ryobi 40V mower and I was really surprised at how well it did. Easily cut as well as my gas mower did and weighs about half as much. Plus, I can talk on the phone while I mow if I need to. When it came time for a new blower, I added the Ryobi 40V blower since it uses the same battery. I got the one that came with a battery so I have two batteries now. It is more powerful than the corded one I had before.

I don't see me getting other tools in the near future as I have a Stihl chainsaw and an Echo trimmer that are essentially new, but I wouldn't be opposed to them based on my experience thus far.

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for advice on cordless blowers. Tired of dealing with cords. We needed one for camper and home use. Ordered: Greenworks 48V (2 X 24V) BRUSHLESS 585 CFM LEAF BLOWER W/ (2) 4.0 AH USB BATTERIES. Seemed a reasonable middle of road price for a good compact blower. We'll see......

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a ryobi Expand it trimmer, Blower, mower and chainsaw, all in 40 Volt. I'll be carrying everything except the mower especially when I begin full-time. I'll also be carrying some of my attachments for the trimmer.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I own a small Makita variable speed cordless blower. This is a quality unit and the variable speed allows you to place debris wherever you want it. I can actually blow off the stationary tools and move the dust to a pile on the floor. Next to the drill and impact driver, this is the cordless tool I use the most in my shop. Hard to imagine not having it. I also have a Makita two battery blower which is more powerful, but I use it considerably less as it is two speed and not as controllable.

Great for blowing out the bed of the truck and, as others have mentioned, stoking fires with air.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
down home wrote:
We have the Green one,whatever the brand is..
Greenworks 40v. Will measure up to any corded blower.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have an EGO Power Plus
50 volt, 650cfm cordless leaf blower that is super great. It is very powerful and will clear our lawn of heavy ,wet leafs easily. It runs all morning and has a boost feature that will make you hold on tight!:W. It also has adjustable speeds. Probably the same one that Down Home posted about a couple of posts above this one. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 20V Black & Decker two speed leaf blower. It is very light weight making it very easy to use. There is enough power to blow twigs & sticks off the walkways & deck. It uses the same battery as my hedge trimmer and pole saw.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Green one,whatever the brand is. Battery weighs more than the rest of it. It does a great job and has a boost switch for max output. It will put the strain on your forearm. If I was the adventurer type I would take our old Ma Bell Switch board chair, with wheels,and see how fast I could go but there is a bit of slope and the creek is cold.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
RockyMt wrote:
I carry a 20v Worx. also two batteries. Worx fine for me!!

I bought this one and found it on the weak side. When I purchased it I considered the 32V but got cheap. For OP, whatever brand you get, look for the highest voltage you can afford.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
I have the EGO from Home Depot at home that I use to blow leaves etc. I just put it in the camper when we go on a trip--may be a little over kill but it works fine.

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
E-Go here.......no probems in over 5 yearss
cpaulsen

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Milwaukee M18 Fuel blower works great.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
At home we have a stihl electric mower and leaf blower that use the same battery pack. So I take the blower on trips. Now, just buying the blower for camping trips, way to expensive IMHO, but it happens to be a nice blower.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Seon
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Dewalt 20v that came with a 9 pc bundle. Works great.
I also have a cordless 2 speed Black and Decker for around the house/property.