cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cruiser RV Fun Finder reviews

jrgbambam
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a RV and found a 2015 Fun Finder 266KIRB for a decent price. Does anyone know anything about these to see if it is a decent travel trailer?
4 REPLIES 4

Robert_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2015 Cruiser RV Viewfinder (I know it's not a FunFinder). It's a great little trailer and we've pulled it about 4000 miles since new. So far we haven't had any shows stopping problems but I have repaired more than a dozen items of about half are related to the construction quality. They were:

The stove hood fell down because the screws were not placed into solid structure.
The coax cable ends were not installed properly and fell off.
The screws in the dinette came loose allowing the bench seat to come apart.
The awning was missing several screws and one end came loose from the body.
The awning was missing screws on one end of the roller and the awning material came loose from the roller.
The body had several places where the installer broke the screw heads off. Some trim pieces became loose.
The fresh tank vent line was too low which caused a water trap and prevented filling the tank.
The water pump suction line was too long. Shower pressure was insufficient.
Shower door was not chaulked and allowed water seep under the track and spill onto the floor.
Shower surround was not properly attached to tub allowing water to splash behind the walls.
The storage cabinet over the bed had insufficient structure to endure the bounce loads and the shelf dislodged.

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

In 2006 we bought out first RV, to try camping and to fulfill our plans of seeing the country on the road. As of 2016 we still love it. Its a 2007 FunFinder X 21 ft. No slide out. My husband did not want anything made with what he calls OSB. Wood chips or something glued together. We also wanted an "island" full size queen bed.

And we also wanted to start with something small that our 2003 Tundra could pull (we now tow with a 2010 Tundra). After hours and hours of research on my part I found the FunFinder. We went to Campers Inn in NH and saw one. It felt right for both of us as soon as we stepped inside. It is only the 2 of us so it works.I knew nothing about Rvs so its been quite a learning experience.

We have so many memories made with our Funfinder these past 9 years that we both find it hard to think about trading it in. We have had our share of issues over the years but from reading this forum none seemed like anything that others have not experienced with trailers in the same price category. We had water leakage in the front,replaced the air conditioner, the bench separated from the wall, the wall separated from the floor, a leak under the sink, and faded and peeling decals. Campers Inn has done most of the repairs except for the ones needed to be done on the road.

But on the other hand we have taken it from Massachusetts all over the NE states hundreds of times. We have traveled out west to the Rockies, Montana , Wyoming, the Dakotas, Arizona, New Mexico, California, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Texas and all the midwest states in-between 4 times and into Canada.We have gone to Florida many many times staying all along the eastern seaboard, New Jersey, Rhode Island Maryland, Delaware, both Carolinas, Virginia Beach,Georgia, Appalachian MT and into Canada. It has literally traveled thousands and thousands and thousands of miles. I am a retired teacher and my husband retired from the police force 15 years ago so before I retired (2014) we took off every summer, weekends and school vacation weeks. Last February we experimented with a month in Florida as snowbirds.

We talk a lot about upgrading now that I am retired. We are getting older and maybe we could use a little more room. And we have a 3 year old grandson that we would like to eventually take with us. But then we think that we spend most of our time sightseeing , doing outdoor activities and sitting at night by a campfire. We don't spend a lot of time inside the camper.We don't have a TV to watch.We do most of our cooking outside. But even though it is showing some wear and tear from all of our travels we still feel it was the right choice for us.

We have also toured the then Cruiser RV factory in Indiana and stopped in another time to get a replacement for the microwave plate that fell out of the microwave and broke. Cruiser RV shut down and Thor bought the line. I don't know anything about Thor.

Whatever you chose I hope you get as much enjoyment and have as much fun and have so many experiences as we have had. It has given us a chance to see this beautiful country we would never had had without our FunFinder.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

WA4HTZ
Explorer
Explorer
jrgbambam, I have the same trailer (2015 266KIRB). I agree with LJAZ that the construction is average quality. The cabinets have fairly decent framing with thin wood sides. I was told the floor is 3/4 in. plywood (might be exterior grade but I'm not sure) by a manufacturer's representative at the Tampa RV Super Show. The vinyl floor covering is nice looking and appears to be fairly thick. The advantages we liked were the kitchen island, full queen size bed (80" instead of 74" long), separate bedroom with walking access around 3 sides of the bed, and a nice sized bathroom with a good sized vanity counter (unlike so many of the other trailers about this size which barely had room for a tooth brush by the sink).

Most of the components such as the frame, axles, tongue jack, slides, door, and awning are all Lippert. The axles are only 3500 lb. each which leaves you 600 lbs. short of the GVWR of 7600 lbs. Likewise, the wheels are 14" with 205/75/14 ST Load Range C tires of some unknown Chinese make.

The stove, furnace, and water heater are all Suburban. The stove appears to be a new design and looks nice and the cook top works very well )haven't tried the oven yet). Mine came with a gas and electric 6 gal. water heater but don't know if that's an option or standard. The furnace puts out plenty of heat but the ducting leaves something to be desired; it'll roast you out in the bathroom and freeze you to death in the bedroom. I am going to try to fix this but that means pulling down a lot of Coroplast. The fridge is an Attwood helium 6 cu. ft. This greatly reduces the risk of fire if the cooling unit tubing cracks because the helium is not flammable unlike hydrogen.

Although the GVWR is 7600 lbs., the as built weight on mine was a little over 5200 lbs. so there is a fair amount of cargo capacity. I still would not tow this with a 1/2 ton TV. I have a 3/4 ton and other than being a bit short on power (5.4L F250) it tows fine with my Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch.

Having said all of that, we like the trailer and find it quite comfortable. Is it like a New Horizons or something like that - no but it's still pretty nice. And at 29' 11" (WARNING, that is number from the glossy brochure) overall it fits into most campsites.

Sorry this got so long but I wanted to give you my honest opinion. I don't know how much research you have done on this model so I tried to cover everything.

Ken
Ken and Jeannette
2015 FunFinder 266KIRB - Traded in
2006 Ford F-250 "Super" Cab Long Bed - Traded in

2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2009 that I bought new and have not had any issues with it. But like most manufacturers there some people who have had good luck with them and some not so much. So I would have to say that Funfinder is probably average in quality - no better or worse than most other brands.
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3