cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cummins Onan P2500I Inverter Portable Generator

I may have been under a rock, but do not remember seeing anything about this??

I just saw that Cummins/Onan now has a small, portable Generator to compete with the Red, Blue and yellows...

Onan Portable inverter

Here is the Cummins site - Cummins Onan

Here is the spec sheet- brochure
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
25 REPLIES 25

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Look at how many people are fooled by the i-power 2000w inverter generator sold at Costco. It's blue and has Yamaha in big letters on it.
They look at the small print that says "powered by".
Clever marketing gets customers believing that it's a Yamaha brand generator, for $500.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Doubt very much it's designed and built by Onan. Another Chinese knock off.

If you look at the spec sheet, it clearly states

Engine Brand Ducar

That same model is sold in other parts of the world as the Ducar D2500iS

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doubt very much it's designed and built by Onan. Another Chinese knock off.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Don't get fooled ! I highly doubt it was "Designed and Engineered in Indianapolis, In. by Cummins/Onan."

It is a Westinghouse iGen2500 with different color plastic and labels and slightly different controls. The iGen2500 sells for $599 at HomeDepot.

Unless your wife gets it on sale and somehow has a coupon to use too ๐Ÿ™‚ I love that super shopper.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't get fooled ! I highly doubt it was "Designed and Engineered in Indianapolis, In. by Cummins/Onan."

It is a Westinghouse iGen2500 with different color plastic and labels and slightly different controls. The iGen2500 sells for $599 at HomeDepot.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked at this unit at Quartzite in January. A vendor had them along with other RV items. On the box "Designed and Engineered in Indianapolis, In. by Cummins/Onan. Manufactured in China". While standing there, a fellow fired it up. Sure sounded louder than a Yamaha/Honda. We started walking on down the aisle and somebody must have plugged something into the unit. Then it got really louder. Of course I didn't have my DB meter with me. If not going with Honda/Yamaha, I'd be going to Harbor Freight.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Now if they would put out a nice inverter generator that's built in.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it was only the equivalent of the small Onan built in generator. 2800 watts gas 2500 watts propane instead of 2500 peak and 2300 operating.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is probably alright for the price, a Chinese knockoff as with most other brands.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Price is fairly good. Weight 48 pounds.

"Hmmmm....if only I needed one." jdc, I'm willing to certify you need one.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The price is right. Has enough power for a rooftop AC unit (if you unplug your converter). The warranty is long enough. Hmmmm....if only I needed one.