cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Departure Checklist!

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Do any of you have a departure checklist you would like to share?

I hope I'm not the only nerd here who likes checklists. :R

I know for sure I will need to have 'don't forget outside surge protector' to my list!

Thanks bunches! Jules
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!
16 REPLIES 16

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
And what I found out was if you forgot something?

Your dog will tell you! :B

I packed up and headed out and my one dog started barking with a vengeance and would not stop. Sounded serious enough for me to pull over to see if he was ok.

Found out I had left an overhead cabinet door open......he didn't like that!

Over the years it has happened a couple of times and each and every time he goes bonkers until I pull over and fix what I have missed inside the MH. Including the time the fridge door opened while driving down the road. He is one priceless pup.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow, departure from home, 5er is always packed, just need refer started and perishable food added. Hooking up double walk around.

Leaving campground, double walk around, and one solid look inside.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
NekkidFish wrote:
Toad toes, what is RVMinders?

RVminders ?

A check list is a good idea.
I know it's possible to do a walk around before leaving and still drive away while connected to shore power. :E

Ouch! That is totally something we would do! :E

Thanks everybody! I knew I could count on you all to help!!

HUGz! Jules

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I use a package of spring loaded clothes pins and a label maker. They live in a small box in the console when I'm moving. When I set up in a CG I turn down the driver side sun visor and move the clothes pins for water, electric, cable, slinky, levelers, etc. to it as I hook up each item. When leaving, I move them back to the box as each item is taken care of. I gave up on my memory a long time ago.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
NekkidFish wrote:

RVminders ?

A check list is a good idea.
I know it's possible to do a walk around before leaving and still drive away while connected to shore power. :E

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Departure Checklist!

Yes. And even if you don't I will just add that:

If a fellow camper comes over while you are in the mode of departure and starts talking to you?

START you departure mode all over from the beginning. Trust me it will save you from forgetting something. Don't ask me how I know! :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are plastic strips that wrap around your steering wheel. You get 10 in a pack and they have the following info on them:

1. TV/satellite antenna
2. dinghy/trailer
3. slide locks
4. hookups
5. jacks/chocks
6. steps/ladder
7. door/vents/windows
8. compartment locks
and two blanks

When you plug in your electrical, you slap the hookups strip onto your steering wheel, etc. Then when you get ready to leave, you are reminded that you need to unplug the electrical.

I made one of the blanks "Propane On" so I would remember to shut down the propane. The other blank is "Emergency Brake" because my dash light doesn't work.

I think they were the best $20 I spent.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rvminders-set-of-10/66688
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am just a weekend camper. I just put a piece of scratch paper on the dining room table with "Camping List" underlined on the top of it. As the week progress and I think of stuff I will need for that weekend, in that place, with that group of friends for company, I add stuff to the list. By Friday I have the list full, and a lot of the items have been crossed off as I have added them to the camper after work during the week.

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't use a checklist anymore. I have a grocery list that gets made for each trip.

Gear-wise supplies stay in the RV and I use RVMinders for setup and take down. I find them so easy to use.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
One thing that got added to our campground departure checklist several years back was "Bollard check".

If you don't know what a bollard is, you probably haven't had one lurking close enough to your rig to realize what a mess they can make of things when you turn into one. The ones that lurk just out of sight on the passenger side are the worst.

We laugh about it now. :B I holler out "Bollard check!" and the boss looks around and gives me the all clear, or not.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody! I didn't think to Google for a checklist ... I just did a search on here and didn't come up with anything.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Sure we have a checklist,but like ones grocery list it changes each time We head Out!

Suffice to say there are some things that must be done at Our Sticks and Bricks ,that can only be done on the day of departure.

So Yes We have a checklist ...I keep adding to it daily!

Good Luck preparing Yours!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
If you do a web search you will find checklists for all kinds of rv's and for packing, departure, as well as arrival. Find the one you want then adapt it to your personal needs.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"