cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dewinterizing

countrykids
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling south in a few weeks with winterized water lines. I could either blow the lines out including low point drains before leaving or just wait till warmer weather and hook on a outside hose and flush that way.

Opinions please.
2004 Born Free class c
9 REPLIES 9

madonetwo
Explorer
Explorer
We are making our dry run/ shake down trip next week in a new winterized 5th wheel. Can someone point me in the direction of a youtube or just a check off list of what to do when we get water hook up at the camp ground? i.e., steps to dewinterize ? Thanks!

Army11Bravo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for waiting until warmer weather and running water through the lines. Have a great trip!
Army 11 Bravo - Gulf War Veteran
Wife, Two Teen Boys, Hound Dog (Daisy) & Beagles (Lily & Bailey)
2014 Springdale 267SRTWE Bunkhouse Travel Trailer
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Wait till you get to a place and have sewer connection. remember the water and antifreeze has to go somewhere, and your tanks are only so big.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Predicting 28 degrees in Tennessee this week. Of course, it is 70 degrees right now.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm leaving for Florida this coming week. Our first night will be a hotel night in Berea, KY. Our second night will be at a campground north of Atlanta and that's when I just flush the lines. Doesn't make much sense to do it any sooner.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I would wait and flush once in warm weather... why blow it out, sit and wonder if its too cold out then flush down south ??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Blowing lines won't hurt anything if you're blowing to get the pink stuff out. But don't follow up with fresh water yet.

We're heading to South Carolina in a week (Andrew Jackson State Park). Midway we've schedule a stop at a KOA. I'm un-winterizing there. I will have full hook-up, can run as much water as needed to clear the lines of pink stuff. Hopefully, won't have to winterize again when returning home to Indiana.

If you have the advantage of full hook-up at your destination, unwinterize there. As goofy as this weather's been this winter, you may want to wait till the last second to un-winterize (and should be in the Southern States). We could still get a cold snap before you head South. Do it (flush with fresh water) where and when you know the temperatures WILL remain above 32F.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flushing cleans the residue out better.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
You will need to flush when you get warmer weather, just do it all then. JMHO
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.