cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Double bummer!!

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
What a week of Bummers. First, we`ve had issues at work that have caused 2 of the salesmen to quit. That has an impact on me in as much I`ve been informed that my 3 week "go west" vacation has been pared down to 2 weeks...all the time the boss will let me be gone under the circumstance. So DW and I have decided to scrub the western trip until next year and just go north to the UP for 10 days or so. Second bummer is that I`ve just discovered that our roof ac unit has bit the dust. What a lousy week!!
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS
24 REPLIES 24

eabc5454
Explorer
Explorer
msjdbman wrote:
And, serving my (our) customers is a major concern and priority to me.

Refreshing, and probably why you are successful in your career. Bravo!
2014 Thor Motor Coach ACE 30.1 (The Mothership)
2013 Honda CR-V (The Pod)

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the ac unit was indeed shot. But there is a brand new unit sitting up on the roof now just in case we should need it. I too know that the weather has been fantastic in the UP these last few weeks, but I`ve also spent enough time in the UP in September to know that the AC may be needed on occasion. Any way...that`s a mute issue now. We are going to our favorite spot...will be there for 10 days, and all will be well. The Western trip will just have to be next year.

I would never dare pull a fast one on the time....even though I am about as secure in my position as anyone can be, I`ve seen the brutality of my Corporate office dealing with personnell issues, and I`m not going there. And, serving my (our) customers is a major concern and priority to me.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
We are still in the central lower peninsula (west mich ) and have not needed our air for about 2 weeks. We did use our little electric heater in the morning a couple of times recently though as it was down into the 40's at night.

Last weekend we camped east of Cadillac; and the evenings were plenty chilly!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

eabc5454
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I'd be bummed, too! I'm glad the A/C can get fixed or replaced. I guess two weeks is better than none (my DW is on a contract and doesn't get paid time off), but I know you're disappointed. You'll make the trip west at some point, and the UP sounds beautiful right now. Can I come?

I grew up on the west coast and have camped in every state but Hawaii. The trip is well worth it - you'll get there. Maybe next year?

FWIW, most companies won't pay for vacation or holidays if you call in sick on the day before or day after and could terminate your employment. I wouldn't risk it.
2014 Thor Motor Coach ACE 30.1 (The Mothership)
2013 Honda CR-V (The Pod)

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
You're not going to need the A.C. in the U.P... Friends are up there right now ( Marquette) and it's cool out.

Have fun the U.P it"s beautiful. They have paved the road between Grand Marais and Marquette. It's a great drive along the Lake Superior coastline.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
WTH a week+ off work for kidney stones ???

Depends on the type of stones and whether or not there was any infection involved. Hubby developed them in high school and missed over a week of school due to infection.

Back on the original subject: to those who are telling the OP to get over it, keep in mind that we are all vulnerable to not having "next year" to go. 7 years ago at 45 I was facing death eye-to-eye and got lucky. Not everybody is. Life is short. It's OK to get upset. You deserve to get away as much as everybody else.

Rite Arm!.....and we all like a good rant for pro and con comments!.:R

~

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
WTH a week+ off work for kidney stones ???

Depends on the type of stones and whether or not there was any infection involved. Hubby developed them in high school and missed over a week of school due to infection.

Back on the original subject: to those who are telling the OP to get over it, keep in mind that we are all vulnerable to not having "next year" to go. 7 years ago at 45 I was facing death eye-to-eye and got lucky. Not everybody is. Life is short. It's OK to get upset. You deserve to get away as much as everybody else.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Not really RV related, but I have been "planning" a day off for two years now. A friend has been wanting me to go with him to the Mile High Nationals and this was going to be the year. Scheduled the day off a month in advance.

The previous week the other tech in the shop comes down with kidney stones. Being the only one left, I knew I couldn't leave them shorthanded. I missed the races and ended up having to do all of the work for a week and a half by myself.

Other note: Anyone know how to give him kidney stones again? I sure liked my paycheck.

WTH a week+ off work for kidney stones ??? Something ain't jiving with the guys story (him not yours) I've had them before and didn't miss a day of work after passing them and even urinating blood for a couple days afterwords I never missed a day of work .
I'd of kicked his well definitely would have made them make it up to you !

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, talk about first world problems.

You sound just like my son!

To the OP, you have every right to be upset. Yes, you should be thankful you have a job and probably more job security than you want right now, but that still doesn't change the fact you have to postpone your trip or negate your right to be upset. While I'll admit that there have been times I've told people to quit their whining as it was, indeed, a first world issue, but speaking from first hand experience do NOT let ANYONE make you feel guilty because you are upset.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
msjdbman wrote:
JJBIRISH wrote:
I suppose the term count your blessings is out of line here, but that would be my answer to you so called bummersโ€ฆ

Geeze Louise, where did this come from? I do count my blessings, every day. But when a trip has been in the works for 2 years, and so little vacation time has been taken over the course of the last 2 years that I`m losing 1.5 days per month since last winter due to being at max accumulation, well by golly it seems like a rather natural bummer to me. The AC unit..ok so not that much of a big deal...but still is a bummer.

Don't sweat it. You are allowed to be disappointed and still thankful for your blessings. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'll bet JJBIRISH means look at the bright side and be thankful, surely nothing negative ๐Ÿ˜‰

And yeah, I'd be bummed (and thankful), too :B

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
I suppose the term count your blessings is out of line here, but that would be my answer to you so called bummersโ€ฆ

Geeze Louise, where did this come from? I do count my blessings, every day. But when a trip has been in the works for 2 years, and so little vacation time has been taken over the course of the last 2 years that I`m losing 1.5 days per month since last winter due to being at max accumulation, well by golly it seems like a rather natural bummer to me. The AC unit..ok so not that much of a big deal...but still is a bummer.

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

wildwest450
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, talk about first world problems.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
With employment as it is in Michigan these days, it should take your boss about three days to find replacements. If it takes more than that, maybe you should be looking too.

Not looking anymore, I gave up and retired without enough money.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.