cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dual Fuel or Wireless Remote Generator?

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 3400-watt dual fuel champion generator or a 3100-watt gas only, but with wireless remote. The 3100 is $60 cheaper. Which would you get?

I'm leaning toward duel fuel. We tow with an SUV, so wouldn't have a good place for an extra gas can. Buuuttt...the wireless remote is very enticing.
21 REPLIES 21

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
It's a 13500 btu AC. Reviews seem to suggest the 3100 is enough. Anyone here use propane to run a generator? Is it more cost effective?

It definitely sounds like people lean to the remote. I don't mind going out to start the generator on a cold morning if it is dry, but I would prefer not to on those occasions when things are wet/muddy. I mainly worry about the 7.5 hour run time on a tank of gas. Is that usually sufficient for a 3 day trip? I don't have an inverter, and may not get one for a while, so the generator would have to run any time we want power that isn't 12v.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has never complained about the wireless remote. She just pushes the button and varoom. Coffee, dry hair, ac and popcorn.

What size ac do you have? My 3000 Honda runs a 13,500 just fine with eco OFF, with eco on it hits hard sometimes with compressor start up.

On one hand I'd say get the 3400 but someone who owns those models can tell you more. You'd sure think the 3100 would be fine

Our Genny is bolted in the truck bed so we'd have to climb up there to start it. How you use yours would also make a difference in needing the remote. We use ours for 7 months at a time so it's a daily thing

nadkaw1957
Explorer
Explorer
I would never give up my remote...
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
would you throw your garage door remote away???? think about it, cold morning boondocking gotta go start the genny,OR push the button.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Man, I wouldn't hesitate, the dual fuel 3400-watt in a heartbeat. Seriously, a wireless remote for a portable generator? By the time you find the remote you can have the generator started and be back in your chair.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I love my wireless remote.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I love my wireless remote.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.