cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric fireplace

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
The electric fireplace in our 2012 Cruiser 5er went off last night. Checked fuses but all are fine. Still doesn't work. Any ideas ?
16 REPLIES 16

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
Well I had it checked and a diode is pooched. To replace is all one unit (diode, heat exchanger, fan etc.) So we'll see.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
mike102 wrote:
On my crossroads my fireplace and water heater are on one switch you can only have one running at a time, did you switch it to water heater by mistake and leave it there.

+1
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
Must be internal. We had it on the other night and it went off by itself. Power to the plug is fine.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have an inverter, I would check the breakers on that. My fireplace tripped a breaker on the inverter when I had the coffee machine on at the same time.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

mike102
Explorer
Explorer
On my crossroads my fireplace and water heater are on one switch you can only have one running at a time, did you switch it to water heater by mistake and leave it there.
2015 Crossroads sunset trail ST32RL
2000 Dodge 2500 V10 excab short bed

MeanderMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dimplex fireplace, and it will sometimes trip the thermal overload and shut the heater off although the rest of the system works. Turn main switch off and thermostat down, let sit for 15 or more minutes and turn switch on and thermostat up. Hope it works for you.
Happily Fulltiming Somewhere
2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
2013 Honda CRV
Our RV Blog

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked your BREAKERS? The fireplace should have nothing to do with the fuses, they are for 12 volt items. Anything in an RV that operates on 120 volt AC like your fireplace will have a circuit breaker. Likely a fireplace is on it's own since it's a large draw.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
LOFAT36 wrote:
Everything else works and we've never used the remote.

OK, so you DO have a remote ?

If so, you need to find it. They have been a source of fires in some rv's. Mine fortunately only melted and smelled bad. As an electronic tech I followed my nose to the burned component.

These fireplaces are usually not held in by much.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
People have posted before of pictures showing burned terminals inside the fireplace where the power cord is connected. If you are capable, I would pull it out, open it up, and check it out.

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
If its one of those heaters that use a wire that gets hot it may have burn out. See if you can get in and check that string of wire for a burnt out place.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 GFCI's. One in the bathroom and one in the living room. Both are fine. The one in the living room controls the side our TV is on and the fireplace is below the TV.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The electric fireplace is nothing more than an electric heater with a revolving light display drum... Shouldn't be too hard to track down the problem. I'm thinking GFCI as well... I have three of those circuits in my trailer just go reset all of them and see what happens...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
Everything else works and we've never used the remote.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
GFCI circuit? anything else not working?