cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eva Dry dehumidifier units

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used the Eva Dry dehumidifier units in their RV that is in storage during the hot humid summer? If so, is it accurate that they will shut off automatically and never allow any liquid to come out of them?

I'd hate to set them on carpet or furniture and develop wet spots if they collected too much moisture.

Thanks for any input on the effectiveness of these devices in a closed up RV.
24 REPLIES 24

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Another question on the Eva-Dry: Can they turn over and leak any liquid while moving? I want to put them in the 5er while slides are in and the unit is stored. Can we then hook up and start towing without fear that the Eva-Drys will turn over and leak the accumulated moisture onto whatever they were placed on (furniture, carpet, etc.)?

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
jcpainter wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Ohhh, you want dry z air units. These use dessicant crystals. Work OK, but you need to be really careful not to spill the liquid of crystals.

No, not "Dry Z" air units, specifically "Eva-Dry" brand that claims there's no liquid to deal with.

X2000!

We use the Eva-Dry and they are great no liquid!
Spill a DryZ air and you will ruin whatever it is spilled on!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Ohhh, you want dry z air units. These use dessicant crystals. Work OK, but you need to be really careful not to spill the liquid of crystals.

No, not "Dry Z" air units, specifically "Eva-Dry" brand that claims there's no liquid to deal with.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I should have been more specific. I am inquiring about the Eva-Dry models that are NOT plugged in while they are absorbing moisture. Click

We would have no electric hookup in storage and would have to bring the devices home to plug into electric to renew.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I have used one of the smallest units for the last few years. It will shut off when full. It will fill up in the summer in about 4 days. Our RV is parked in the yard so it is easy to empty. If the RV was not at home I would fix it where it drained into the tanks or outside. It keeps our RV fresh with no mold or mildew.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what type are you talking about. I see they make some that are "real" dehumidifiers and others that just absorb moisture.
bumpy

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Recently bought one and unfortunately didn't work. I had high hopes but it worked one day then the light started flashed continuously, emptied water, tried unplugging didn't stopped the flashing and left it on for the night, next morning no water in pan still flashing, so I returned it to Amazon without ANY problems.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have two of the smallest units I used during the winter a couple of years ago. Worked OK.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
I use them. The're not really on, so nothing to shut off. They don't leak water though, they just stop absorbing. They last about 1.5-2 weeks before they're saturated, and work very well.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500