cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exit Now

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know why there has not been a current printing of the Exit Now Interstate Directory? I have a 2010 issue. I have been searching for a current issue for over a year. This is/was the best directory when traveling the Interstate system.

I purchased a copy of the Next Exit prior to getting a copy of Exit Now. I like both, but they do not contain the same information.

Ray
23 REPLIES 23

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

With my phone switched to "Airplane mode", iExit still let me browse the exits by state, Interstate, and exit number. While it does not show the maps, it does still show what amenities are available at each exit. It's not 100% functional, but it is still useable for basic information.

The map is Open Source.
If you check your route the night before while you are online It will stay in memory when you use it the next day while off line... I THINK?, never tried it

I'll check it out when I get the chance. I have an Android phone, and I don't know if iExit functions any differently than it does on the Apple stuff.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
pasusan wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
pasusan wrote:
jnharley wrote:
Time. The app, IExit. It much easier to use than a book. At least as long as you have cell service.

And... As long as you have a smart phone and pay those monthly data fees.

You don't need a smart phone, or cell service, or data service to use iExit.

It runs just fine on an iPad or iTouch (an iPod sort like an iPhone but without the phone part).
Would love to hear from anyone who has used this without a data connection! I'm all ears as we have an iPod - there would certainly be no GPS, and I would also doubt Google maps or street view... :@

With my phone switched to "Airplane mode", iExit still let me browse the exits by state, Interstate, and exit number. While it does not show the maps, it does still show what amenities are available at each exit. It's not 100% functional, but it is still useable for basic information.
Thanks for the reply and helpful explanation. ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
You need a GPS for I-exit to know your location. My iPad does not have a GPS.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
pasusan wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
pasusan wrote:
jnharley wrote:
Time. The app, IExit. It much easier to use than a book. At least as long as you have cell service.

It runs just fine on an iPad or iTouch (an iPod sort like an iPhone but without the phone part).

Would love to hear from anyone who has used this without a data connection! I'm all ears as we have an iPod - there would certainly be no GPS, and I would also doubt Google maps or street view... :@

You already have heard, that's how I know it works.

We use it on iPads, iPod Touch and iPhones (Canadian one in Airplane mode) and it works just fine.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I went ahead and downloaded iExit to try out. It's a free download through the end of the year.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:

The map is Open Source.
If you check your route the night before while you are online It will stay in memory when you use it the next day while off line... I THINK?, never tried it

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
pasusan wrote:
jnharley wrote:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
pasusan wrote:
jnharley wrote:

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
It surprises me that there was not enough demand for the printed version. Unless GPS's and smart phones and tablets cut into its use. We went to Alaska this past summer and used the Mile Posts and did not move everyday with out consulting the book. It was a lot more detailed with things to see and do every mile including things to watch for. Maybe Exit now was not detailed enough, meaning things other than gas stations which found was wrong many times. Particularly when you are looking for a certain brand of fuel only to discover the station listed is now a different brand.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
opps

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
pasusan wrote:
jnharley wrote:

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
You can still get "Next Exit" but you can't get the good one any more.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
pasusan wrote:
jnharley wrote:

Sorry but the future is here! They did not quit printing the book do to excess demand.
I have a few older versions of Next Exit but now use the I exit App and GPS info.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
So why don't you contact the publisher and ask??????
HR