Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Festivals

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Evening everyone,

Just had a thought for something that might be fun, but I don't have a clue how or if it would work.

I'm a big fan of outdoor music festivals, and thought it would be fun to travel to visit some. Haven't done a music fest in a while, and not at all since I began Rving, but wondering if I should give it a try. A reason to travel with purpose I guess. My guess is that there are probably not many venues where one could camp within sight of a stage (think Woodstock) but maybe I'm wrong.

Has anyone here done any festivals as a destination while RVing?

Mind sharing your experiences if you have, especially whether you were able to stay in your RV at the venue? ( or within walking distance) Where you went, any you recommend?

Am I being crazy or is it something to consider?

Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Tom_in_Tulsa
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention that the Bluegrass festivals have MANY acres of camping and RV spots with hookups. If you are a picker and singer like I am, there is lots of jamming with new and old friends.If not a picker, there is alot of music and nearby attractions to enjoy...and make new friends.
2008 Forest River Georgetown 357; F53 Triton V10 gas engine; Alison trans.
Onan 5000 generator

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are in the mood for an out of this world experience try: The 2018 UFO Festival in Roswell NM. July 6-7-8 2018. We're passing through there in this time frame after visiting the Carlsbad Caverns and are going to hang out for a couple of days. Should be a ball.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Never been to the festival, but know the area and been to the campground. Very big deal in Indiana.

http://www.beanblossom.us/

Dale

I apologize that this link is not working. I have tried it several times and it just won't work. I know how to post links. But that is the site. Don't know what is causing the problem.
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

RvingMike
Explorer
Explorer
Country USA in Oshkosh, Wisconsin is a must. Huge show with lots to do and big name entertainers.
Mike

2004 GMC 8100/Allison 3500 Dually
2004 36' Mobile Suite

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
Jamboree in the hills in St clairsville Ohio, camp on site for the week. No hook ups but there is a pump out service and a few spots for water, everyone hooks their hoses together to get filled up. Great time walk to shows. Been there 3 times.
Country concert also in Ohio but has hook ups, never been there, farther west.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just google NC Festivals, SC Festivals, VA Festivals and all their dates, venues, etc pop up and you can pick and choose any you want to visit. I don't 'camp' at them but many festivals you can if you just research the ones you choose, you might hit rv spots available. Most times I just pick a state park or COE close to the festival and use that.

sounds like you are in for alot of fun times ๐Ÿ™‚

neilnbe
Explorer
Explorer
We've been to Cavendish country music festival on Prince Edward Isle twice. It's in July. There's a campground not too far away. Have had a great time both times we went. Very big names for the main event.
Neil, Deb
2 Kids 1 Dog
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire
'11 Ford Edge
Mountain Master Towbrake
Blue Ox Adventa II

Tom_in_Tulsa
Explorer
Explorer
There are Bluegrass music festivals all over the country. They are fun with great family entertainment.My bands have played at dozens of these all over the country.
go here: http://bluegrassfestivalguide.com/

Bluegrass Boy going to a Bluegrass festival.
2008 Forest River Georgetown 357; F53 Triton V10 gas engine; Alison trans.
Onan 5000 generator

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
both locations for Country Thunder have dry camping within earshot of the stage but not wothin visual range.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle