cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fireplace

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
I see many of the newer RVs are coming with fireplaces. Just wondering if they are only for aesthetics or do they function as a significant heat source. For those who have one--are they worth the cost, any issues with them (pro or con), would you get another one, etc. Thanks for your comments.
37 REPLIES 37

JamesBr
Explorer
Explorer
All of the ones I have seen are basically a built in space heater (1500Watt) and aesthetically pleasing as well. I don't put much value in option when it comes to negotiating a price, but I would not try to get one without the option just because.
2006 Ford F350 6.0
2014 Primetime Sanibel 3600
Enough other vehicles to not bother listing.

Previous RV: 2001 Monaco Knight

APT
Explorer
Explorer
+1 for what Dutch said. The heat output is significant, but no more so than a cheap space heater. So chose it for aesthetics for sure as you are likely giving up some cabinet space.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
Love ours, heat on high or low, or no heat just for the ambience.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Buy the fireplace for the aesthetics. The heat output is the same as a $10 space heater from Walmart.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a park model with an electric fireplace this year. I don't know what BTU it puts out, but down in the 40's at night, the furnace didn't kick in once. We do have extra insulation though.

We typically set the thermostat on it to 71 degrees (it has 5 settings - 99, 85, 80, 75, and 71, plus bells and whistles we never use, like 5 animation settings and light levels). It puts out more heat than the old fireplace in our destination trailer, for sure.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Worth it if you always hook up to electricity. I miss the one we had in another rig. It's a QUIET heat that can heat up the whole rig....:) ๐Ÿ™‚ QUIET is the key word.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

On the 5'r we ordered back in 2008 , we passed on the fireplace because of the cost and what heat it put out.. They have gotten better.

The 5'r we just ordered this summer now has a 5100 BTU fireplace...

This weekend will be the first chance that we have had to camp and use it.. I will know after the weekend if it was worth it or not . .
But all the folks we know who have one and use it , LOVE it..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Worth it in my opinion. We don't run space heaters anymore on those chilly mornings when the furnace is just too much. Fireplace works great. When its real cold out you can turn the furnace down low, and let it supplement the furnace so you don't waste your propane. Bad thing is depending on campground electric it can drag down pretty good. At alot of older state parks our Autoformer will run the entire time to keep up with the draw.
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs